• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

21 hours ago, SteveDraz said:

Where did you get it?  Been looking since March - everyone's out.

Dealership.  From Germany.  Left side only in stock.  Right side back ordered until August (if you can believe them).  Supposedly 200 on back order at the moment.

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

48 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Dealership.  From Germany.  Left side only in stock.  Right side back ordered until August (if you can believe them).  Supposedly 200 on back order at the moment.

Been back-ordered for 2 years now.  Every month they move the date back. 

• Haha 1

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Finally took Felix around the block after heater box rebuild. Didn't think about installing the steering column shrouds until I heard the horn going off and on like a crazy child. I had guys loading a moving truck waving me by like I was honking at them blocking the road. (Not the case.) Thank God there were no ladies outside doing yard work HA. Could of had some husbands chasing me down. A few turns and stop signs later I was happy it was in the garage again. Sorry neighbors! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to a local car show with the 2002. One of my neighbors helps organize the show and has asked me for 4 years to take one of my cars, but I've always had other commitments. It was super old school muscle cars, lots of stuffed animals and skeletons.

We lasted till noon, was 90° out and I was toasted but he was  happy we showed.   Should of grabbed a photo one car had maybe nine skulls jut in the engine bay.  ? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

....Should of grabbed a photo one car had maybe nine skulls jut in the engine bay.  ? 

If you take your ‘02 next year, and show up with fewer than a dozen skulls in your engine bay, you’re just being foolish... ?

You gotta plan to win! ??

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

We had two choices on where to go. Grand Rapids Cars and Coffee had a meet at Gilmore Car Museum.

But  Cars and Coffee you had to pre register, be in line at 9:45 to be let in and told where to park at 10:00.

You also had to stay till 1:00 and if you left early CnC had the right to ban you from future CnC events.

WTF, when did Cars and Coffee get so serious ?    

1 hour ago, jp5Touring said:

We had two choices on where to go. Grand Rapids Cars and Coffee had a meet at Gilmore Car Museum.

But  Cars and Coffee you had to pre register, be in line at 9:45 to be let in and told where to park at 10:00.

You also had to stay till 1:00 and if you left early CnC had the right to ban you from future CnC events.

WTF, when did Cars and Coffee get so serious ?    

You know what l'd do?   Meet somewhere else for coffee.   That's ridiculous.  

• Like 4

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Got new tires installed. I love they way they look. Guys at the shop were very curious as some had never seen a 2002 before. Living in the land of rust I understand. 

I also hooked up the Starter Realy so I can no longer crank the car while in gear. One more thing completed. 

Just ordered an AF ratio gauge to I can sort my carb.

newtires2.jpg

• Like 10

1976 2002A

On 7/13/2019 at 6:49 AM, jp5Touring said:

I will try to get some brake light and back up light pictures tonight, a few people have asked for more info.

The link is for my 73. They give you a couple of options, I chose "Our pick" seemed to be the better of the two.

They work great, I also I'm using the NAPA led flasher don't know if that would matter just fyi.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/1973-bmw-2002?make=11&model=45&year=1973 

Be careful using their tool to select all the bulbs.  The front turn signal bulbs spec as just turn signals, not running lights/turn signals- so make sure your order the correct front bulbs.  Other than that, I've had them in 2 cars, including the fancy H4 headlight bulbs (in 2 different housings.)  I recommend them all.

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Rolled past my first 1000 miles of many on my rebuilt engine, many thanks to Terry Sayther for his engine rebuilding skills and letting me watch....

992CB761-4E31-47C0-9D17-9D673AAC86C8.jpeg

A10B5894-EE82-479A-A32C-FD6BAE6E296C.jpeg

C63BD32D-6C7D-48A5-9777-2C1B0005D2CF.jpeg

• Like 8

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…