• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 minutes ago, Bibm5 said:

Unfortunately I was a couple hundred feet away when he pulled up. We immediately made our way over to It but the owner had slipped away into the crowd by the time we got to it.
It was super clean. The first touring I've seen in person!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shame. I know of 86 Tourings in the US, but that's a new one to me.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I tried the Christmas present that my sister got me this year, a Tornador Black cleaning gun.  I really wasn't sure to make of the darn thing.  Seemed like one of those items you see on late night, but wait there more !!

I have to say the darn thing does actually work and it works better than I imagined.  This gun runs off of an air compressor which whips the center piece in a circle sending air and or air and solution towards the item you are cleaning.  You can use water or some sort of cleaning solution.  I just used hot water and sprayed a bit of Adam's all purpose cleaner on the heavier spots.  The gun has a lever where you can use solution or switch to just air for a drying effect.

The images are before/after of a piece of carpet I worked on.  I spent a few minutes working on this and it didn't really require much effort.  Just have to hold the gun and let it do it's thing.

The only down side is my sister and mom are waiting in line to get their cars detailed :)

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Edited by KenH
  • Like 5

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Installed new door ajar switches

Fixed dome light

Cleaned up center console

Cleaned up door cards

Prepped doors for sound deadening

Removed windshield

Painted and installed a piece of the rear window latch to replace the snapped one

Feels like hardly anything got done but listing it out makes me feel a little better ?

• Like 2

'74 Verona

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Custom installation then?

My 76 has pin switches for the dome light/key buzzer but nothing for detecting if the door is ajar

... I always thought the dome light turning on was the indicator that the door was ajar. :P 

Though, I am still not quite sure how a door could be ajar. The holes at the bottom are supposed to prevent it from holding liquid.

• Like 1

'74 Verona

3 hours ago, flagoworld said:

Though, I am still not quite sure how a door could be ajar. The holes at the bottom are supposed to prevent it from holding liquid.

This reminds me of a 1980’s Austin Maestro which had a ‘talking dash’ - very high tech for then in what was a terrible car. The car would announce several things in a strident voice related to the car’s operation but was famously bad. It used to tell you when the door is open with the ignition on by telling you “your door is A...jar” with a big pause between the syllable ‘ah’ and jar. It would also put extra stress on ‘door’ and ‘a’. 

Terrible. 

• Haha 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

This evening I welded the hella driving light brackets on to the bumper mounts.
I'll let the paint cure over night before I install them.
BTW, does anyone happen to know the size bolt needed to hold the bumper to the car off the top of their head? I removed them over a year ago and can't seem to locate them now. 48aa7e944e484fe4c5550df94c0ef5ac.jpg7a5bd4ffe49929a7fdd37dc18a6a8909.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, d.hitchcock said:

Electromotive tuning software to my 2002-dedicated laptop.

Which model EMI ecu are you using?

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

TECs ecu, also Innovate wideband 02.

I'm going to take the car to Prather Motorsports in Topeka (an hour from me in KCMO) for tuning. Prather, owned by Jesse Prather of the legendary SCCA racing Prather family, is the region dealer for Electromotive, and a top-notch tuner with the complete setup and tons of race-prep experience.