• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stainless-Steel Fuel Rail for M10's running Weber Sidedrafts

AceAndrew

Price: $135

Description:

After tinkering around and testing these for a while it is time to make it official!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Stainless Steel Fuel Rail for M10’s with Weber Sidedrafts.

Equipping the 2002 with sidedraft carburetors is a time-honored tradition.  However, too often a sloppy (or over-imposing) fuel system setup can somewhat dampen the visual effect.  This stainless steel rail simply is a classy way to setup the fuel feed for the Weber carburetors.  Inspiration was taken from vintage Aston Martin and Ferrari engines (not to mention plenty of hotrods).

The rail is made from thick-walled seamless stainless steel tubing.  It is brazed together using a high-silver content brazing alloy that offers the ductility required in this application.

Available in four styles:

V1) Front Feed Straight - For those running a mechanical fuel pump with fuel pipes 180° of each other.

V2) Front Feed Bent - For setups running a mechanical fuel pump with fuel pipes 90° of each other.

V3) Back Feed Bent towards Fender - For setups running an adjustable fuel pressure regulator above the brake booster mounting bracket or inner fender near the A-pillar.

V4) Back Feed Bent towards Stock Fuel Feed - For setups running a hose directly to the clear fuel-hose feed that comes out the firewall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $135 each + shipping via FedEx. Includes Fuel Rail and new Banjo-fitting washers.

Purchasing: You can PM or email me (andrew@adamsautosport.com) directly to purchase.  It will also be available through your favorite vintage-parts suppliers in the coming weeks (if you are putting together a larger order).

Application Notes: Not recommended for setups that utilize rubber isolation spacers.  Custom rail designs and/or different vehicle applications considered upon request (just shoot me an email).

V1:

35232585154_9f1a19c576_z.jpg

V2:

35232584974_cbbe62494c_z.jpg

V3:

36032426276_c0b5def090_z.jpg

V4:

36032422426_37679e0e7a_z.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jgerock said:

Very nice!  Any thoughts about making one for us dual Solex guys?

Hey Jim,  I looked into it a bit and I couldn't find a suitable fitting for banjo fitting.  If you know of one that might work, by all means let me know (even if it means chopping and boring).

Jim:

I've been looking for a M16 x 0.75 threaded bushing that I could drill and tap for a banjo fitting and use in place of the needle valve holder/float level adjustment screw on PHHs.  So far no luck, it's such a fine thread.  I do have one that has been modified for a banjo fitting, but I so far have not been willing to cut the hose barb off another spare I have.  Someday I will stumble into a pile of junk PHHs for parts...

1971 2002ti

I would leave the brass needle fitting in place. Would like a better looking "tee" rather than some hose and a short t-fitting for the horizontal length. I would still connect the custom tee to the carbs using fuel hose.  Almost like a fitting for a four barrel carb.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

5 hours ago, jgerock said:

I would leave the brass needle fitting in place. Would like a better looking "tee" rather than some hose and a short t-fitting for the horizontal length. I would still connect the custom tee to the carbs using fuel hose.  Almost like a fitting for a four barrel carb.

I just went back through your thread a bit and saw your setup.  I see what you are getting at, and a rail to clean it up would certainly be do-able.  When you get the chance please email me and we'll nail down some basic dimensions.  Also, it would be a fair amount cheaper, those banjo fittings constitute $25 on the weber setup.

Edited by AceAndrew

Hi Chris,

Sent you that email, sorry for the delay.  Please note that that dimension is a critical part of designing this rail.  I would not offer this rail if I had not double/triple/quadruple checked it and been absolutely sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by AceAndrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...