• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sweet 15x8 Corrado steelies

Teelinger

Price: $650

Description:

Not mine, not affiliated.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/wto/6185143575.html

Mmm, soo tasty. Love the deep lip.

For those of you running flares or widened fenders, these are a great deal. They're listed as $650 CDN which is about $490 US. Cheaper than what I bought my stock Corrado steelies for. 

I'd buy them but they're too wide for my stock fenders. That, and my wife would kill me if I bought another set as what I have now... 

Cheers, James

00F0F_dzUDZ7ePkMO_600x450.jpg

00K0K_kZQziqjIB47_600x450.jpg

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

I believe stock et25, so plus 2" on the outside of that. Not sure how to do the calculations. 

James

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

they were originally 15x6 et35 (per the owner).  

Tell me if I'm doing this right... 

Added 2" to the outside, making them 15x8.  (et0 would be up the middle at 4") They were already 1.3" (35mm) in from center on the 6" rim.  So they will still have a 2.7" back space, being that the wheel center did not move.

Sounds crazy, and unless I am way off  (which I totally could be), that equates to 35 + 25 = et60  ??  Or would it be 15X8 et10?? I don't think so, since the center didn't move..   I'm getting lost. 

But ultimately, its just poking the descent fitting 6" rim out 2 more inches to the outside of the car.  Making for a wiiiiide stance.  

My current rear wheels are 15x8.5 et6 and there is only a 1/4" between the tire and the trailing arm on the inside.  These would be quite the opposite, I think.  more and more, et10 makes sense. 

I don't know.. I'm confused now.

But I think they would be better for a 225/45/15 tire than my 8.5, but they would need a spacer to get the same fitment that I have now.    

The front on the other hand would be a tighter fit than the 15x7 et12 I have currently.. 

imageproxy.jpg

image1.JPG

18553716_10155325156554568_1262925702_o.jpg

Edited by eurotrash
  • Like 1

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I'm confused as well. 'I think' the smaller number equates to the 2" being added to the outside, not the larger one. 

Yes, makes for a wide stance and best for the flared fender crowd. 

I'll stick with what I've got... for now ?. 

James

20160919_092252.jpg

Edited by Teelinger

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

• 8 months later...

Geoff, 

I'm running HR springs - stage 1, I forget the model name, and Billy HD shocks. Only very minor rubbing on the inside back of the fender wells when locked and turning under load, like when making a quick u turn. I'm thinking about 5mm spacers but they're a low priority as the car drives fine 99.9% of the time.

Have you bought the wheels yet? Here's a cheap source for brand new ones:

https://www.vwheritage.com/corrado/corrado-wheels/steel-wheels

Looks like they're out of stock right now but send them an email and they'll get back to you when the next shipment comes in. I got a back up set of 4 for less than $300 shipped!

James

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

thx for the note ...

suspension sounds nice!!!

about the steelies:

soooo ... here is the reply i got last month from VWHeritage:

Your Question: is there a 4X100 15X6 rim?
there is a customer in the USA who said he was able to purchase a 4X100 15X6 from you.
please advise. thank you

Answer: Sounds like he bought an original G60 steel wheel from us. They are not available from VW anymore.

the 14s are 4X100 ET45

the 15s are 5X100 ET35

i guess i could switch to 14s ... 

but the ET35 of the 15s is better

the ET45 would require spacers ...

if it were the other way around ... i'd consider an adapter that acted as a spacer ... but this is not the case

so ... i may just suck it up and get the 15x6 / 4x100 ET35 here:

https://www.tunershop.com/shop/alcar-steelwheel-8950-6-0x15-et35-4x100-15-inch.html

the price to pay for being late to the game!

and i'll pair them with 195/55R15s ... this will be a bit more comfort oriented versus the 50s ... and keep the identical circumference as the original 165/80R13s 

thx for the help!

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

Good to know! I wonder if Tunershop's rims are VW or repops. Better but them quick regardless, at least they're on sale right now.

Let me know if you need anything else, and post pics when you get them installed.

James

Edited by Teelinger

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"