Heater Box Rebuild - resistor

rapandi

Hi all

so I am in the process of rebuilding my heater box. One of the spade connectors on the resistor broke and I am trying to work out how to fix it.

For those of you who know, this spade connector is actually riveted and soldered to another connector outside the box. 

Any ideas what what I should do? 

Regards 

Raj

IMG_2761.thumb.JPG.51626446ce3b1c2786de68b510122b7d.JPGIMG_2762.thumb.JPG.a2860c7eab91599749cd8ed3d7ed4761.JPG

Aaaaaaw, I was just about to recommend that you have just get an electrical engineer friend! You stole my thunder!

In all seriousness though, I think you got the best solution.  For those who want to know, where did you source the connector??

46 minutes ago, GoldLion said:

Aaaaaaw, I was just about to recommend that you have just get an electrical engineer friend! You stole my thunder!

In all seriousness though, I think you got the best solution.  For those who want to know, where did you source the connector??

Hahaha....

Well I actually used a standard spade connector which I got from my set of connectors. I cut off the bottom insulating part so as to shorten its length and then got my mate to solder it.

This is what it looked like pre-mutilation: (Just a standard spade connector which can be bought at most electrical or hardware stores - even bunnings should have them )

spade.jpg.fdc04eb7a58d315eef5e2638ffa17525.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 6:34 AM, rapandi said:

I got my electrical engineer friend to solder another connector next to it. I

That's the smart solution.  Those terminals are male and female for a reason--to insure correct polarity.  Your repair method will keep future owners/fixers from reconnecting the wires backwards.

mike