2002 prices ..... bring a trailer to Van Nuys ....

Is it me or are those white letters on the tires rubber cemented over the top of some other tire?

Don't get me wrong, I like much of the build but that is jumping the shark when going so far for aesthetics, in my humble opinion.

Edit:  Wait.  Nope.  Those ARE Toyos.  But they still appear to be rubber cemented.....

Edited by sirrichardpumpaloaf
Bad link

Well, not everyting was spent on aesthetics--what's the problem in getting the bumper ends to align with body contours?  This seems to be recurring problem from what I see.  IMO the white tire lettering seems to be on a par with white wall tires, or is that the latest trend?

Edited by nbcbird

1 hour ago, nbcbird said:

Well, not everyting was spent on aesthetics--what's the problem in getting the bumper ends to align with body contours?  This seems to be recurring problem from what I see.  IMO the white tire lettering seems to be on a par with white wall tires, or is that the latest trend?

Funny, I just spent a few hours on my front bumper ends....lol...The rears are a pain...what needs to be done is drill and secure them the way the stock ones are secured, but its a PITA to get into that crease in the trunk so I bet ALOT of people dont do that.  

16s on an 02 just doesn't look right. cool car though

16s?  I thought those where 17s at least, maybe its the high profile tires...lol...I have seen 16s look GREAT on an 02, but those are.... well...unique.

Edited by jrhone

Cool-ish car. I could do without the UPS branding junk, and you think you could go a little bit more hot-rod to the motor than just what they've done for a car with all that show. IMO it's not enough go. It just seems like a pretty ho-hum motor setup for a car that's caged, and looks like it should be able to roast some tires, but with that much rubber I'm thinking she's a bit of a pig. 

I'm actually a big fan of those wheels and the overall stance, but they're not fitting well with the color of the car. Silver wheels on an earth-tone car never works well for my tastes, he should have gone with bronze. 

To all the naysayers on BaT (somehow I still cannot log onto that site after many years), car is an independent idea of the builder. Pretty low mileage after completion may indicate the seller wants to move on to another project or maximize the selling price of a fresh build. Plenty of these cars seem to be around. You can change wheels/tires easily, add carpet and other bolt ons.