A GIFT for VIN 2587521

oh2ryan

If you are still out there VIN 2587521 then contact me and prove that you own this car still so I can send you your original window sticker/ importation page from Hoffman. 

This was randomly in the owners manual for my 1968 Euro 1600-2. It wasn't a total let down when I discovered it was for a US 2002 and not my car as I found the original registration from Switzerland in 1968 for my BMW behind this!

Anyway, hope you're out there and interesting in reunited this with your 4 speed 71-73 roundie (all a VIN decode would tell me).

-Ryan

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

It was a U.S. 1973 model year car, manufactured in either December 1972 or January 1973.

Interesting option:  NON-STANDARD UPHOLSTERY                     34.00

I have no evidence of what this is since the all-vinyl upholstery option -- which was one of Hoffman Motor Corp's "mandatory options" -- is listed separately above this line item (SKAI UPHOLSTERY            45.00).  And an absence of the "Skai" (all-vinyl) option would indicate the car had cloth-and-vinyl upholstery.  So the interior was all vinyl, but not the "standard" upholstery.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Interesting entry on the options line in that Mulroney sticker:  The second-to-last entry is $34 for "non standard upholstery".  This is in addition to the $45 charge higher up for Skai upholstery and another $45 for reclining front seats.  
So it doesn't mean the car was equipped with cloth upholstery.  I wonder if this might be an explanation for the (IIRC) Golf car with a tobacco (vs black) interior.  While I haven't seen a whole bunch of these stickers, I don't recall seeing that line item before.  Another little mystery to solve...Any ideas, anyone?

mike

23 hours ago, Conserv said:

It was a U.S. 1973 model year, manufactured in December 1972 or January 1973.

My car's VIN is 431 numbers lower and was assembled on 17 Dec, so my suspicion is this one was assembled after 1 Jan, as the factory generally closed down between Christmas and New Years...

mike

19 hours ago, beammmer said:

My car is 70 vehicles older and built on Jan 16, 1973. 

So if VIN 2587451 (= 2587521 less 70) was manufactured on January 16, 1973, the subject vehicle, VIN 2587521, would have been manufactured just after January 16.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

On 4/21/2017 at 1:11 PM, mike said:

....I wonder if this might be an explanation for the (IIRC) Golf car with a tobacco (vs black) interior.  While I haven't seen a whole bunch of these stickers, I don't recall seeing that line item before.  Another little mystery to solve...Any ideas, anyone?

mike

+1

Right, Mike: a choice of a color that was not the recommended interior designated for a given exterior color.

What other change could they make to the upholstery for less than they charged for either Skai upholstery or reclining seats!  I've probably seen 30-40 '02 stickers in the last ten years -- admittedly, not a statistical sampling -- but I've never seen this option.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv