• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge Aluminum Trim rings?

jrhone

1 minute ago, hadokenny said:

From what I know and I could be wrong, but the lady and early clusters are different sizes.  I once got a set of early trim rings and they didn't fit my cluster. They were too small.ate clusters are recessed like 1/2".  That's because of the wood trim piece is on top of that pod. 

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

5 minutes ago, jrhone said:

From what I know and I could be wrong, but the lady and early clusters are different sizes.  I once got a set of early trim rings and they didn't fit my cluster. They were too small.ate clusters are recessed like 1/2".  That's because of the wood trim piece is on top of that pod. 

I used the fake wood face from the late model to modify my early gauges.  My gauge cluster is actually a hybrid of late and early gauge cluster parts.   The rings fit late model fake wood face plate from the gauge cluster.  Sorry for the confusion.  

Edited by hadokenny

2 minutes ago, hadokenny said:

I used the fake wood face from the late model to modify my early gauges.  My gauge cluster is actually a hybrid of late and early gauge cluster parts.   The rings fit late model fake wood face plate from the gauge cluster.  Sorry for the confusion.  

I'll look into those. Thanks!

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com