• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guibo Flogged Getrag 245 [SOLD]

'76mintgrün'02

Price: $250

Description:

I have [had] a 245 five speed that came from an '83 320i. [it has been sold]

Unfortunately, the guibo gave up and the bolts beat the shit out of the selector rod.

Apparently the selector rod is NLA.

58f63f4cb84e4_013(1000x750).jpg.a5478093d86b48b43dfccf52f17921a7.jpg

It also did some damage to the rear housing as can be seen in the photos.

58f63f400d2d4_009(1000x750).jpg.f856a12972205b3113d792142e844f9e.jpg58f63f3bd5533_004(1000x750).jpg.8ddfa3253dffaf4c9e0d9b7e9259138e.jpg

I pulled this from the wrecking yard and so know nothing about how it shifted prior to being parked.

If you have a parts tranny, or need one, this might be the deal for you.

I spent a LOT of time cleaning it....

58f63f23e1eb2_001(1000x750).jpg.93dcccbd831d38e8bd2f75c6972c130b.jpg58f63f3720666_003(1000x750).jpg.7d4850fb0bb18e1bd90c34f2099148c1.jpg58f63f290665c_002(1000x750).jpg.48932116bcfdf6bdd34d95e62cf2bcc4.jpg

Asking $250.  Not wanting to ship it.  PayPal accepted, but cash is preferred.

Edited by '76mintgrun'02

DISCLAIMER 

I now disagree with some of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book. 

I've switched from using ported-vacuum to manifold, with better results. 

I apologize for spreading misinformation.  

The dwell is the number of degrees of distributor shaft rotation that the points are closed.  

(real distributors do not have USB ports)

DISCLAIMER 

I now disagree with some of the timing advice I have given in the past.  I misinterpreted the distributor curves in the Blue Book. 

What does that little red arrow do?

DISCLAIMER 

As of yesterday, "NLA" is what my prospective buyer told me.

While your math might make sense, I am not up for the footwork.

Does your car already have a five speed, Ryan?

We could be putting it in your trunk in a matter of minutes!

You're buddies with that shop, take them this project.

I admire your ambition.

Show me how it's done : )

It's already cleeeeean.

Project for sale. 

Step Right Up!!

Edited by '76mintgrun'02

DISCLAIMER 

I'm rolling on a 4 speed with busted synchros! While i'd love to give 'er a go, I can't afford that until i finish the rest of my rebuild. If it's still laying around when I'm done throwing money at my rebuild I'll look more into it, though. 5 Speed would be nice.

'74 Verona

9 hours ago, flagoworld said:

You should see if these guys are actually selling this:

http://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW__320i/Selector-shaft/43697459/23311209475.html

Then you can bring the tranny to the NAPA machine shop in Bremerton and have them fix the crack.

Then you can sell it for $1200 instead of $250

Maybe?

Not the same rod, this one is the external one.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

20 hours ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:
I have a 245 five speed that came from an '83 320i. 

Unfortunately, the guibo gave up and the bolts beat the shit out of the selector rod.

Apparently the selector rod is NLA.

If a buyer goes for this, I have a 245 Getrag I'm parting out (and it has a good selector rod). -KB

I'm the one who told Tom that the selector rod was NLA.  I based that on the fact that realoem showed it as "ended".  I guess I should have dug a little deeper as it appears that the online BMW parts dealers (GETBMWparts.com is the one I use) do show it available.  So between kbmb02 and the dealer it looks like you could gather everything needed to make this usable.  I would be curious to see if the dealer actually had this available.  I recently got very excited when I saw a rare NK part number show up with a price only to get the dreaded email a couple of days later saying "sorry, no longer available".

Regarding Chris's comment, if the part number ending in 475 isn't the same damaged part that Tom shows in the first image then I'm stumped as to where to locate the selector rod on realoem.  Wouldn't be the first time i was confused using realoem though.

Last, is the going rate for these really $1200?

Bill 

1973 3.0 CS Nachtblau

1970 2002 Chamonix

1965 1800 Chamonix

Just for grins, I just sent them an email inquiry about the availability of part number 23311209475.

There is another selector shaft further down on the list, which says NLA.

This one says it is used through 9/82.

The tranny I have came off of an 83 model year car, but production may have happened in 82 (must have?).

As I understand it they switched to a shorter unit sometime in 83, so my guess is all 245 shafts are the same.

Chris's comment confuses me... but it does not take much to do that.

Tom

DISCLAIMER 

oh yeah, the new mailbox limit.  :(

sorry, I will delete some.

I am not wanting to ship it.

sorry, again.

Tom

DISCLAIMER 

I can email you a prepaid shipping label and you can ship it in a Rubbermaid tote and just zip-tie it close (which I'll obviously pay for) Please let me know! I can send for a pickup so you don't have to go anywhere

Thanks