Denver area Spring 2002 rendezvous

cpolyak

Now that spring weather is here, I would enjoy getting together with other 02 enthusiasts for an early morning coffee/drive event. Weekend of 29-30 April work for anyone?

I'm in Golden, but would be glad to coordinate something convenient to whomever could attend. 

Hey all - it's been a while.  Glad to hear talk of a local 02ers get together and drive to start 2017.

It's kinda last minute, but this coming weekend May 5th/6th the weather's supposed to be great.  I could get into a fun after-work drive on Friday (5pm?), or a swift morning drive on Saturday (10am?), if there's interest. (and if there's not, I'll likely go on one anyways ;P ).

I'm thinking something out of southwest Denver and the nearby hills - there's a few 'coffee run' loop routes that I take regularly over there when out for a spirited drive.   Some folks might recall doing a variation or two a couple years ago at some 02 meet-ups we had.  Maybe a 2 hour 'excursion'?

Reply if interested, so we can discuss details. If this doesn't work,  I'm flexible with whatever else you guys agree on...

C'ya soon.

Tom

Folks might want to also think about the Rocky Mtn BMWCCA Spring Drive on May 14th - a fun all-day affair driving through north central CO on some amazing roads. http://rmcbmwcca.org/event/annual-spring-drive/  That's Mom's Day weekend tho'....

And there's always the monthly C&Cs North and South we could arrange to meet up at.

I would still enjoy coordinating a rendezvous next Saturday May 13th, weather permitting. If you can make it, feel free to chime in. Will make the weather call Saturday morning, no later than 630am. Check here if it's looking iffy and we can confirm or cancel. 

I'm relatively new to CO, and know Golden area the best but would be happy to defer to a "native" for event details. 

As a starting point how about 730am meet at Starbucks just north of Golden? Head out around 0800 for a 45min-1hr loop of Golden Gate Canyon Rd, Drew Hill Rd, Crawford Gulch Rd and back. 

Happy motoring. 

- Christian 

cpolyak@gmail.com 

And apologies to @visionaut, didn't see your post until after I threw next weekend's details up. I've got plans for this Saturday, so the 13th is still better for me. If we don't have a quorum that day, I'll keep trying to get something planned that works for most interested 02 fanatics. Thanks all. 

@RipR2, yes, I'm seeing good weather forecast and look forward to meeting up Saturday AM. Will post here NLT 0630 Saturday go/no-go for final weather check. 

I proposed 0730 rendezvous at Starbucks just north of Golden (114 N Rubey Dr, Golden, CO 80403). Depart for 45-60min cruise at ~0800. 

Anyone else able to make it or have issues with the time/location?  Glad to be flexible if necessary...