• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting excited for Vintage NC 2017

jgerock

6 hours ago, adawil2002 said:

The Polaris car is James Laray's believe it's a '68. Yes, Ed, you need to attend this, largest vintage BMW gathering in the US. 

James' Polaris is a 69 very close to my Blue 69 VIN. I first noticed his car in Winston Salem. He also has a 2000CS. Great folks.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

3 minutes ago, zinz said:

Has also has a 2000CS?  He must be REALLY cool

Can y'all PM me contact for him?

Ed

Will look for his info... Grice may have it as well (but he is in Maui taking pictures of rusty car parts).

Jim Gerock

49 minutes ago, kris said:

Coming down from Toronto via a back road route...the drive is half the fun

What car?

;-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

36 minutes ago, kris said:

My M2 Mr. Koke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll make a more concerted effort to show up in mine, then.

?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

5 hours ago, dlmrun2002 said:

Double Espresso Latte, Boom Box and some prep work. The e30 is real dirty. Hoping to clean it up and drive the sh*t out of it down to Asheville. 

dlm ny country

rsz_1rsz_318is_2017_vintage_prep01.jpg

Extra fuel pump ready Doug?  Guess the 2002 is staying home this time. 

Jim Gerock

16 hours ago, jgerock said:

Extra fuel pump ready Doug?  Guess the 2002 is staying home this time. 

Jim.. Is your mailbox full? Can't send message.

Funny you should mention fuel pump. I always carry one with me. The o2 and my e30 318is can use the same pump. I have an extra left over from the days of my e30 325ix. So I just throw it in the trunk, The o2 should make it to Saratoga Vintage in July. It's only about 2.5 hours from my house. It's a small but very enjoyable show put on by Frank Greppo. Saratoga Springs is a neat little town to vacation in during the summer.

dlm

Mailbox was full- just deleted some old ones.

After installing the refurbished door panel, I took the 69 out for a drive in the pollen.  Noticed that the steering was pretty loose and needed to adjust the box. Swung by mlytle's house and he said "why not now"?.  I popped the hood while he grabbed some tools.  No wonder why it was feeling loose---the adjustment nut and grub screw WERE loose.  All is much better now.  No matter how many times I check over the cars, there is always something that needs attention.  

Jim Gerock

I think Jake Metz is organizing a caravan from Lexington KY down to Asheville; all you folks from northern OH, western PA and Indiana can meet up with us either there or in Dayton, where some of the caravan is gonna depart.  PM me for rally points and details.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I'll be driving over from Newport News VA in my Sahara tii. Last year on the way to the Vintage, I was cruising down I-40 and I stumbled onto Marshall's 02 caravan coming down from the DC area. I passed them up and several 02's joined me on the last hour drive into Asheville. I may take some backroads into Asheville this year, i.e. US 58 across southern VA and then down to Asheville on US 221, US 19 through Boone, Blowing Rock.  There are some speed traps (revenue generation) on US 58 between I-95 & I-85, AMHIK.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner