Jump to content

Texas Caravan to MidAm April 27th?


zinz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Howdy all,

 

I realize not many folks check this section of FAQ, but I thought I'd post anyways...

 

Whoever is planning on driving to MidAmerica02Fest out of Texas and wants to join the caravan, please chime in.  The past couple years the Austin group has either rolled up IH35 to Dallas, or angled eastwards towards Bryan to meet up with the Houston gang.

 

In either case, we've stopped in Paris for lunch.  I'm not sure who is driving out of Austin this year, but perhaps we can start the conversation and get a plan coming together.

 

Anyone?  Bueller? ...Bueller?

 

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, zinz said:
Howdy all,
 
I realize not many folks check this section of FAQ, but I thought I'd post anyways...
 
Whoever is planning on driving to MidAmerica02Fest out of Texas and wants to join the caravan, please chime in.  The past couple years the Austin group has either rolled up IH35 to Dallas, or angled eastwards towards Bryan to meet up with the Houston gang.
 
In either case, we've stopped in Paris for lunch.  I'm not sure who is driving out of Austin this year, but perhaps we can start the conversation and get a plan coming together.
 
Anyone?  Bueller? ...Bueller?
 
Ed


I am in!
Depending on the route, Ed, similar to last year? I can meet up with the Austin group in Hearne. Take 79 to Buffalo and meet up with JP and the Houston crowd in Buffalo on 45. And continue on through 79. Sure beats going through Dallas.
How is that for a route?
Opinions? Other options?

Darrin


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by darrinm1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, darrinm1 said:


I am in!
Depending on the route, Ed, similar to last year? I can meet up with the Austin group in Hearne. Take 79 to Buffalo and meet up with JP and the Houston crowd in Buffalo on 45. And continue on through 79. Sure beats going through Dallas.
How is that for a route?
Opinions? Other options?

Darrin


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

 

Darrin after you meet with the Houston crowd in Buffalo, where do you take 79 on to to avoid dallas? 79 runs west to east not north. Are you going to try take 259 North?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

 

 

Darrin after you meet with the Houston crowd in Buffalo, where do you take 79 on to to avoid dallas? 79 runs west to east not north. Are you going to try take 259 North?

Last year we took 79 from Buffalo to Palestine. From there we hopped on 19 to Athens to Sulphur Springs, and 24 to Paris. We met up in Paris for lunch with Dallas folk at Jaxx Burgers.

Edited by darrinm1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the map, Darrin,

 

I heard from Rudy that he can't make the event... bummer. He's a great guy with some beautiful cars.

 

Everyone's favorite, JP Lips, is on board in his excellent Baur...everyone try to keep up with that mean machine. Steven, if you have JP's contact, you might get with him.

 

I may be the only one leaving out from Austin on Thursday... we'll see.  I understand Brandon is trailering a car, but not sure when he's leaving. I think Barney is leaving on Wed...

 

We're two weeks out, plans will change, I'm sure.

 

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...