• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Caravan to MidAm April 27th?

zinz

Howdy all,

I realize not many folks check this section of FAQ, but I thought I'd post anyways...

Whoever is planning on driving to MidAmerica02Fest out of Texas and wants to join the caravan, please chime in.  The past couple years the Austin group has either rolled up IH35 to Dallas, or angled eastwards towards Bryan to meet up with the Houston gang.

In either case, we've stopped in Paris for lunch.  I'm not sure who is driving out of Austin this year, but perhaps we can start the conversation and get a plan coming together.

Anyone?  Bueller? ...Bueller?

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

On 4/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, zinz said:
Howdy all,

I realize not many folks check this section of FAQ, but I thought I'd post anyways...

Whoever is planning on driving to MidAmerica02Fest out of Texas and wants to join the caravan, please chime in.  The past couple years the Austin group has either rolled up IH35 to Dallas, or angled eastwards towards Bryan to meet up with the Houston gang.

In either case, we've stopped in Paris for lunch.  I'm not sure who is driving out of Austin this year, but perhaps we can start the conversation and get a plan coming together.

Anyone?  Bueller? ...Bueller?

Ed

I am in!
Depending on the route, Ed, similar to last year? I can meet up with the Austin group in Hearne. Take 79 to Buffalo and meet up with JP and the Houston crowd in Buffalo on 45. And continue on through 79. Sure beats going through Dallas.
How is that for a route?
Opinions? Other options?

Darrin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by darrinm1

'76 Stone Gray 2002

'83 blue R80RT, '83 red R80RT,

'16 Alpine White Xdrive 328d Touring

BMW2002FAQ #502

I'm okay with repeating the same route as last year... it's a little longer for me, but that's okay.

Ed

Im going from Houston. Open to ideas. 

Last time i went up i drove from 5 am to 8pm. This time i would like a more direct route!

Edited by Stevenc22

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

17 hours ago, darrinm1 said:

I am in!
Depending on the route, Ed, similar to last year? I can meet up with the Austin group in Hearne. Take 79 to Buffalo and meet up with JP and the Houston crowd in Buffalo on 45. And continue on through 79. Sure beats going through Dallas.
How is that for a route?
Opinions? Other options?

Darrin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darrin after you meet with the Houston crowd in Buffalo, where do you take 79 on to to avoid dallas? 79 runs west to east not north. Are you going to try take 259 North?

2 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

Darrin after you meet with the Houston crowd in Buffalo, where do you take 79 on to to avoid dallas? 79 runs west to east not north. Are you going to try take 259 North?

Last year we took 79 from Buffalo to Palestine. From there we hopped on 19 to Athens to Sulphur Springs, and 24 to Paris. We met up in Paris for lunch with Dallas folk at Jaxx Burgers.

Edited by darrinm1

'76 Stone Gray 2002

BMW2002FAQ #502

I used an app called inRoute for the map.

This is similar to last year's journey on the way to Eureka Springs. 

Flexability is the key. 

IMG_0676.PNG

'76 Stone Gray 2002

BMW2002FAQ #502

Okay. That route works for me! 5 hours from Houston to Paris. 5 hours from Paris to Eureka Springs. Leave Buffalo at 9am get into Paris at noon. Lunch for an hour. Leave Paris at 1pm get into Eureka at 6pm.

Edited by Stevenc22

Thanks for the map, Darrin,

I heard from Rudy that he can't make the event... bummer. He's a great guy with some beautiful cars.

Everyone's favorite, JP Lips, is on board in his excellent Baur...everyone try to keep up with that mean machine. Steven, if you have JP's contact, you might get with him.

I may be the only one leaving out from Austin on Thursday... we'll see.  I understand Brandon is trailering a car, but not sure when he's leaving. I think Barney is leaving on Wed...

We're two weeks out, plans will change, I'm sure.

Ed

What time are we meeting the Dallas guys in Paris? Anybody coordinating with Dallas? Need to work backwards from there to plan what time to leave Houston. 

Marc Leekdiker is out of the DFW area and wants to meet some folks in Greenville, if possible.  I've asked him to chime in on this thread....

Ed

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors