Behr A/C blower switch wiring

If you didn't figure it out from the diagram, I did a column on this after a friend and I puzzled over one for some few hours while replacing the switch.  PM me and I'll send you a copy of the column.

The A/C and heater switches are interconnected so that you can't turn the heater blower on when the A/C is running, and vice versa.  This is not the case with Frigiking units.  That may be what's puzzling you.

mike

I finally figured out the Behr wiring diagram with the help of my hand-held meter.  Below is a picture for posterity.  The blk/wht wire at the bottom goes to the resistor on the evaporator body.  My A/C blower switch only has four posts and the one black wire going to the temperature sensor.  I've been advised that the Behr A/C is disabled if the heater blower is on and vice versa.  In my '72, both can be on at the same time.  Don't know why and don't want to know.  :D

(I started my career with Western Electric.  We put No-Ox-Id on everything).

IMG_2872.JPG

Edited by Tsingtao_1903

• 3 years later...

Bringing back this thread as I am now wiring my Behr A/C with only a partial wiring harness. The fan control switch, 17 in the schematic, I have seems to be a click-less rheostat. Is that correct? What resistance readings should I see between pin 4 and the other pins?