• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone interested in F1

This maybe a great year to start watching. Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull all are looking very competitive and the Haas team is doing more with their cars than you would think a 2nd year team should be doing. Not to mention a real good crop of young teenage drivers coming up.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Go Ferrari!!!

Y'all come to Austin!!!  Great racing at COTA... F1 cars are spectacular. 

Company had a trackside RV spot two years ago and suite in Turn 2... That was a blessed year. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6d4d700c8208d8348330cf6f7fea425b.jpeg

Ed Z

Come for Vintage Racing in November... Best event for overall fun. 

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Yeah, but the Chinese Grand Prix was as BORING as any F1 race I've seen, with Verstappen's ballsiness being a notable exception. I keep trying to be a fan, year after year...but it's continually a processional snooze-fest, where the winner is usually a product of pit strategy rather than action on the race track.

Me, I get my racing excitement fix from MotoGP.

COOP

Its all about strategy but I love Lewis Hamilton. I wish he would have left Mercedes and went to Ferrari but I still root for him. Mercedes I'm sure are still fuming that they finally annoint their golden boy Rosberg and he retires. I'm sure that threw a big monkey wrench into their plans. I see Hamilton winning another championship pretty easily but Ferrari winning the constructors title. 

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

I keep trying, too, but there's so much better racing around-

I mean, a local roundy- round or spec miata race is far more exciting.

I get the hybrid relevance, even think it's smart- but much preferred a 25,000 rpm v10.

There are at least 10 excellent drivers.

I watch v8's, WTCC, BTCC, V8 utes, Dunlop, even WRC before f1 these days.  And yes, I fell asleep 15 minutes into the China race...

Australia was 'ok'... relative to last season's f1, that is...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Wait..."Awesome race?!"

What race? I saw yet another F1 snooze-fest. No battles, no badass passes, just another excruciating procession and a finishing order decided by penalties, pit strategy and attrition.

You can be justifiably happy with the result if youre a Ferrari fan, but please don't call that an awesome race. 

COOP

Edited by COOP

That's fine, yes opinions certainly do differ...but please explain specifically what made it an awesome race from your perspective. I've been watching F1, MotoGP and sports cars my whole life and that race (like 90% of F1 races in recent memory) didn't provide anything to get my heart racing. Again, I totally get it if you're happy that your team won, just trying to relate to where your initial comment was coming from.

Thanks,

COOP

Edited by COOP

I have raised my children to the soundtrack of a F1 scream...well they use to scream.   I still keep up, but I no longer subscribe,

Anyway, now we go the local track (Hallett Motor Raceway - 45 miles west of Tulsa, OK) and they run it all there

We have friends that run Miatas, so I get my fix there now.

I love racing be it motorcycle or auto...I used to watch demolition derby back in the days...those were desperate times!   :)

Light is seriously underrated.

It was on OK race.  Strategy is what determines winners.  Yes it was a little trilling, will Hamilton run him down in the final laps?  Was the Ferrari limping home?  Oh no will there be a restart with 5 laps to go?  There were subtleties that a fan or follower would key in on.  But Coop has a point...the most trilling pass was Hamilton passing his slower teammate.  They need to slow the cars down, and then remove some aero.  Then it will be more interesting.  Now, you really only have 2 guys that may win the race.  Hamilton or Vettel, then maybe a longshot because of accident or failure Raikkonen or Bottas.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Lol, no problem zinz, glad you enjoyed it!

jrhone, Bottas moved over to let Hamilton by on team orders...the pass of the race.

I'm a sucker so I'll probably keep watching...Every race, I just keep hoping that "this will be the one" to feature some incredible battle.

Watch a Moto3 or Moto2 race sometime, it takes an hour just to wind down afterwards.

COOP