Tii Temperature Sensor Connector Cover Picture?

2 hours ago, saaron said:

Hey Paul -

Do these help?  

Scott

YES. Perfect!   Now I remember that L connector. In my car, I have covered it with another boot.  I forgot it was under there.

Hmmm, where to get one for my project engine?  This raises another question: where does the temp sensor wire go?  Is it part of the 74tii FI harness or from a different loom.  I thought it was part of the FI harness.  Below is a picture of the harness before I restored it.  Still unsure of where some of the connectors attach.

HarnessBefore1sml.thumb.jpg.f7edf499659519786ca8611e2e3ebca4.jpg

The coolant temperature sensor ( the one with the "L" connector) is only used by the cluster gauge and has nothing to do with the k-fish loom. The wire heads down underneath the manifold and joins the main loom between the k-fish pump and starter motor.

Heres a k-fish wiring diagram I made up when I was sorting out my cold start problems.

58e34b9815f85_2002tiiColdStartWiringDiagram.thumb.jpg.12db8828927ca455ad31529209398ff6.jpg

I also knocked up a new loom whilst I was at it.

IMG_3289.thumb.JPG.0def1be4201f225ecb89b7f2eeee25d9.JPG

48 minutes ago, JohnH said:

The coolant temperature sensor ( the one with the "L" connector) is only used by the cluster gauge and has nothing to do with the k-fish loom. The wire heads down underneath the manifold and joins the main loom between the k-fish pump and starter motor.

Heres a k-fish wiring diagram I made up when I was sorting out my cold start problems.

Very helpful.  Thank you.

Nice work on the loom.