• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002 M20 Project 5500 obo trades welcome

shawn morissette

Hello Faq Members,

I'm selling my 1972 BMW 2002 M20 Project.

Lil History.. I'm 4th owner, owned car 16 yrs. Has tremendous sentimental value to me personally... I've taken great care of this car, always garaged, kept clean, and maintained. Unfortunately my divorce and relocating have put me in a position to sell my most loved possession.

There is a PDF with great details attached.

I will run through the important details....

M20 drive-train from 87 325is.

M20 Engine

Bottom end rebuild including Piston rings, bearings, rods, oil pump and chain. Block was decreased and sand blasted. Replacement parts were of OEM quality, all gaskets replaced. 

Cylinder head was cleaned and pressure tested, new valve seals were installed, valve adjustment done to cold BMW specs. All timing components were replaced.

New Fuel injectors (Bosch Blue) were installed less than 6 months ago. New Coil, Cap Rotor, Plug Wires and Crank Sensor were replaced.

Motor is tight, runs amazing.

260Getrag

New clutch assembly, clutch slave, and master slave installed. Secondary reservoir installed for trans purposes only.

Driveshaft is from 325is, cut and balanced by local shop. Guibo mount moved 6" back o accommodate.

Rear Diff is a 3.91 LSD from a 83 320is, new inner and outer boots were installed and packed.

Box Flares

Are authentic AC Schnitzer 1968 stamped Box assembly with matching from air dam...

Body work is not my thing... Where I hit a road block... I can rebuild and M10 or M20 in a weekend, put a sanding pad and fiberglass in-front  of me and I'm lost...

Hoping someone can see the true potential this car has... I know I can and I hate to watch it leave my possession...

Asking $5500 obo

Cash price is very negotiable,

I'm willing to take deposit of 500$ (50% refundable) and take car off market. Provide buyer with VIN verification and receipt.

Buyer can pay off balance in increments, and must have paid off and removed by 4/30 2017...

Located in Lakeland Florida..

Trades considered with understanding 2500-3000 is cash.

A solid E46 M3, E39 540i, or 97-2003 X5 any of these vehicles I would rethink the cash part...

99-2003 E39 M5 items anything except engine parts.. 

E30 Coupe,

Firearms

Thanks for looking guys

Shawn

txt if interested 863-398-5 nine 8 six

1972 Bmw 2002-022317.pdf

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Edited by shawn morissette

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors