dasfrogger

Custom Fitted Fender Apron Group Buy - Vol. 3

22 posts / 1826 viewsLast Reply

02'ers :

I've had some interest in another production run of the fitted fender aprons and figured I'd post up another group buy for anyone that missed out on the last one.

The cover we designed protects both fenders and the radiator support. No need to buy two covers, or to carry your single cover from drivers to passengers side as you transition to work from a different part of the engine bay. I know many of us use the radiator support as a tool tray when we work - this cover will protect it from nicks and dings. The cover has a hole for the hood latch and a slit sealed with Velcro for the hood support bar. The cover supports itself via these two bars, but we have included a grommet on either side to use as a tie off for restorations or race cars without those items installed.

The covers are black with a soft underside. They will come with a fitted storage bag for when not in use or travel.

I've sold about two dozen of these and have only heard good feedback - I know you'll be happy with yours too.

The group buy price is $220 shipped&insured (please send as gift or $229 to cover paypal fees) in the United States. I'm not going to really make any money on these, but $2.00 from each order will go to the FAQ.  **EDIT: Once again, I really screwed the pooch and forgot shipping costs had gone up. I'm not going to change the price for this buy, but this is the cheapest they'll ever be**

Group Buy List:

1. Kbmb02 - SHIPPED

2. Rusty02 -SHIPPED

3. jdeitch - SHIPPED

4. KenH - SHIPPED

5. Peter Beren - SHIPPED

6. Scotthiggins -SHIPPED

7. NYNick - SHIPPED

8. 73tiiDavidPA - SHIPPED

9AceAndrew

10.Vic Badrinath

Link to photos: http://s590.photobucket.com/user/johndmetz/library/BMW 2002 Custom Fender Cover?sort=3&page=1

larrywilsonsfenderapron_zpsod7p3jhc.jpg

[^^^photo credit Larry Wilson]

ED3F51E9-4B45-4C96-88CF-B5A3291B4970_zps

8327103D-9A75-4462-8494-734BE25D2DCF_zps

[^^^Photo credit Jim Gerock]

DSC_0372_zpsuru8vqzu.jpg

DSC_0352_zpsx3hqcve9.jpg

Edited by dasfrogger
Updating names

Here to offer my support. This might be my favorite single thing I've bought in my life regarding vehicle maintenance. It's really, that good. High quality, the fit is perfect, makes a great place to rest tools, bolts, parts, etc on the nose shelf area... 

Absolutely 100% pleased. 

I am in!  Thank you for doing this again.  Tired of using the "universal" fender covers that don't work well at all on a 2002.

9 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Here to offer my support. This might be my favorite single thing I've bought in my life regarding vehicle maintenance. It's really, that good. High quality, the fit is perfect, makes a great place to rest tools, bolts, parts, etc on the nose shelf area... 

Absolutely 100% pleased. 

Ditto.

Good news! For the three folks who have gotten payment ( @KenH @kbmb02 @peter beren ) in, your aprons have been completed EARLY! I got a call today that two aprons are complete with a high probability of a third tomorrow afternoon. I'll pick them up tomorrow afternoon and will have them shipped out Friday or Saturday.

For everyone else - as soon as i receive payment your cover will go into production. The sooner the better, my upholsterer has a busy docket getting ready for the upcoming driving and boating season.

THANKS EVERYONE!

These are definitely still available! I will run the group buy at least thru when the last cover is shipped.

I did talk to the shop owner, and he said price will go up in a few weeks. He's going to work with me on this group buy, but anything further i'd expect a 15-20 dollar increase.

If you want one of these, and can possibly swing it - jump on it now.

Three aprons hit the post office today, the remainder that are paid up now should be complete sometime next week. Thanks everyone!

I received mine yesterday.  It's nicely made and takes up less storage space than I was thought it might.

Just wanted to thank Jake for providing the group buy.