NYNick

New Bilstein Sports and HR Springs

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I'm installing these Sport inserts into my struts, along with the HR Sport Springs. Because the springs are shorter, they're loose after it's all tightened down and can turn out of the pads and upper cap as well as it's indentation for the spring. 

I saw in Bill William's writeup about wiring these to the upper cap with safety wire after drilling a hole. Should I do it for the lower cap also? Is this the only way to go? Seems kind of funky.

Or did I do it wrong? (washers and spacer are all placed properly per his diagram and the order of which I removed them)

Thanks

Nick

That is how mine were before I switched to coilovers, they sit fine when the car is lowered to the ground. The wire is needed if you plan to get airborne. Only wire one end of the springs. 

PS: The PO of my car had cut a set of H&R's in HALF, then used plastic zip ties to hold the springs to the perch. It was a pretty bouncy ride sitting on the bump stops.

The wire or zip ties would hold it in place when you lower the car, once on the ground you're fine. Just check that everything is lining up when you lower it and you're good. I didn't use wire or zip ties with mine. 

In front, that works fine.

In back, a strap to limit suspension travel's a good idea.

Just a piece of webbing that connects the lower shock bolt

to the pinch weld above it does what you need...

t

The rear Bilsteins on mine kept the suspension on mine from drooping far enough for the spring to get loose.