Sign in to follow this  
lobf

Glove Box Adjustment?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey folks- 

Putting things back together after a heater box rebuild, and my glove box isn't sitting flush to the rest of the dash. Photo attached here:

S7Hn9T1.jpg

How do I make this flush? 

Thanks !

I recall some little "stubs" that protrude from the sides of the box to keep it from dropping open too far - are they properly situated inside/above the dash?  I think there was a small piece of rubber tubing/hose slipped over the stub - that might be enough to bring it up to flush. 

Also...IIRC the screws that hold the glove box to the body are inserted through slotted holes on the hinge.  Loosen the screws slightly so you can push up the left side of the glovebox 'till it's flush, then tighten the screws...

mike

On 2/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, John_in_VA said:

I recall some little "stubs" that protrude from the sides of the box to keep it from dropping open too far - are they properly situated inside/above the dash?  I think there was a small piece of rubber tubing/hose slipped over the stub - that might be enough to bring it up to flush. 

Yeah those are in place, but it looks like they're only there for keeping it from dropping too low, as you said. I don't think they're in play when it's closed. 

On 2/1/2017 at 4:33 PM, mike said:

Also...IIRC the screws that hold the glove box to the body are inserted through slotted holes on the hinge.  Loosen the screws slightly so you can push up the left side of the glovebox 'till it's flush, then tighten the screws...

mike

Thanks Mike, but aren't those only accessible when the box is open?