Sign in to follow this  
worzella

Pretty car (times 3) picture

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

My local independent "cool car" dealership that I drive by twice a day to work has a nice trifecta of '02 joy.. I think I need to stop in and take a look....

Anyone have a spare , say, $20K to loan me to get me started.....

BMW.jpg

Yes sir... right across from the Exxon.... I guess that means you are in the area ? OR fly to RDU alot - ha ha 

I just was joking about the $20K.. I have no idea if they are for sale or just part of his private collection. I will find out though and post later....

I tried to have my '73 Tii displayed for the winter in two local Boston area BMW dealerships.  The dealership in Boston told me unless it was Doc Brown's Delorean or JFK's limo not to waste my time.  The GM ?? (not sure)  for the dealership outside of Boston (I kid you not) didn't know what a  1973 Tii was.... so it's happily sitting in my garage for the winter where I can look at it daily.     

I love all 3 of them !!

12 hours ago, JohnH said:

Where exactly in America is Raleigh Durham Airport?

North Carolina (middle east coast kinda).

Not too far from the Vintage..................

John

More or less in the center of the Research Triangle... three corners being Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.

Looks like it could be Road Scholars.  They usually do Porsche's.

mac.

18 hours ago, Russkcpa said:

I tried to have my '73 Tii displayed for the winter in two local Boston area BMW dealerships.  The dealership in Boston told me unless it was Doc Brown's Delorean or JFK's limo not to waste my time.  The GM ?? (not sure)  for the dealership outside of Boston (I kid you not) didn't know what a  1973 Tii was.... so it's happily sitting in my garage for the winter where I can look at it daily.     

I love all 3 of them !!

I had the local BMW dealership ask if I would bring my car to an event they were having, and I agreed without really thinking about it too much.  I got a beer or two at the event, and they had about 200 customers and potential customers taking pictures of themselves in front of my car, and no doubt posting the pics on their social media pages, etc, etc.  I walked away thinking they WAY got the better end of the deal.  I doubt I would do it again.  

Scott

Edited by saaron