mvliotta

Rebuild 008 distributor or go 123?

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

In the process of cleaning/updating my fuel injection system (injectors, linkages, throttle body, etc) for my '72tii. I know the the 008 distributor I have needs a rebuild as the springs are on the weak side (advance curve shows this) and the timing mark is bouncing around a bit (some axial play)

I'm having a hard time deciding between having my distributor recurved/serviced by Jeff at Advanced Distributors or go the 123 route.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123 - All. Day. Long.

it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

article-2354841-1AA329A4000005DC-180_634x386.jpg

Haha! I had one installed by Le Tran at 02 Garagewerks on my 72tii and it's definitely the business! Get the Bluetooth model so changes can be made from your smartphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the 123 tune.  Switching from a new Tii distributor to a 123 tune Woke My Car UP   I used the Tii mechanical cure  and the addition of the vacuum advance really made the car run well

I have a carb car, but I think you will be pleased 

Go with the 123 what is passed off as gasoline these days it would not be ideal to have you 008 rebuilt to the old stock curve and when set there your pretty much stuck with it on a stock single card engine probably not a big deal but on a Tii or hopped up engine you'll need the adjustment IMHO.

I've taken the long road in this regard. First I replaced points/condenser in stock dizzy with Pertronix. Then replaced that with an IE mechanical advance one. Now I am exceeding pleased with the 123\Tune Bluetooth.  Motor runs so much more strongly and smoothly.  First two moves were small incremental improvements. 123 is a quantum leap.

2 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

008 rebuilt to the old stock curve

Justin has a good point.  To me the most valuable aspect of the 123tune device is its portability.  Stock engine/built engine/tii engine/or the little engine that could can all be optimized using a tunable distributor.  

Been waiting for opinions pro 008 rebuild......might be waiting a while.

Wish I had seriously considered options a couple of months back when the 123 group buy was going on! :angry:

7 minutes ago, mvliotta said:

opinions pro 008 rebuild

Here's one!  If you need or want to go that route, definitely talk to Jeff at Advanced Distributors:   http://advanceddistributors.com/wordpress1

For $200 you get a dizzy built for contemporary fuels, your particular engine dynamics and free ... engineering talk about advance curves (sorry, no ice cream).