ras02tii

50 years old today

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Looks nice.  Interesting how the antennae is on the "wrong side".  When I bought my 1600 in March of 69 it had no radio but after about a year I finally decided to add an 8 track with fm radio and a slide mount to prevent theft.  The person who was installing it had no idea where to mount the antennae.  Early on you would see antennaes mounted on either side and even down on the front fender.

2 hours ago, tahoedon said:

....and even down on the front fender.

Had one of those on my '67.  Not pretty...

Best regards,

Steve

2 hours ago, ras02tii said:

IMG_0010.PNG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

Very nice!

European-market car?  I'm looking at the front bumper guards, lack of rear guards, and presence of Euro-style license plate lights....

VIN and manufacturing date?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

8 hours ago, tahoedon said:

Looks nice.  Interesting how the antennae is on the "wrong side".  When I bought my 1600 in March of 69 it had no radio but after about a year I finally decided to add an 8 track with fm radio and a slide mount to prevent theft.  The person who was installing it had no idea where to mount the antennae.  Early on you would see antennaes mounted on either side and even down on the front fender.

Since all radios were either dealer or owner installed, they could end up anywhere.  I installed mine on the driver's side A pillar so it wouldn't catch low-hanging branches when I parallel parked.  As a matter of fact, in 1969 the recommended installation location for the antenna on a sunroof-equipped car was on the rear deck lid, a-la a '57 Chevy.  This was because it was tricky to drill the hole for the antenna mount into the pillar that held the front sunroof drain, and the factory really didn't think it was  a good idea.  I did it anyway--very carefully--and managed not to drill into that plastic drain hose.

mike

PS--you have a really nice early car--two questions, though--where's the chrome trim on the dash, and does your car have the auxiliary switch panel under the steering column that holds the 4 way flasher switch?

12 hours ago, ras02tii said:

vin#1515113 .manufactured 26th January 1967 

Very early!  Hoffman Motor Corp delivery?

Congrats!

Steve

mike  .no the auxually fan is in the desk and the chrome trims are missing also the stirring wheel but I do have the original seats 

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

Since the instruments speak English and it's LHD, it's most likely a US delivery car.  In 1967 the emissions and safety requirements hadn't taken effect yet (they began 1 Jan '68) so there were no separate VINs for US delivery cars.  Thus the lack of side reflectors, big bumper guards and rear panel-mounted license plate lights doesn't mark it as a Euro car.   1600 VINs began in March '66 with 1500001, so this one is halfway through the second 10000 1600s built.  

mike