Mike Self

Yet another 2002 in a movie

17 posts / 1813 viewsLast Reply

Saw the trailer for "20th Century Women" in the theater last weekend and subsequently on-line (Google or go on Youtube).  At 2:33 in the trailer there's a Riviera '73 2002 in the background.  You can tell it's a '73 by the extended position of the rear bumper.  

Haven't seen the whole movie so don't know if the car figures in the film or if it's just in the background.  Anyone on the board know the car?  The film was at least partially filmed in Santa Barbara...

cheers

mike

When she tosses that cigarette out the window. It rolls under the 02 just as the camera pans over and there's a bumper sticker on the 02 that says "Baader-Meinhof Wagen"!!??
Then three shady looking characters with nylons over their faces for masks running with bags of money jump in the 02 make a getaway just as the cops start pursuing... not sure how that plays into the overall plot, but it's amazing nonetheless...

• Like 1

(edited)

that CANNOT be correct ...... smoking is not allowed in Santa Barbara.  And no woman, self-respecting or otherwise, does her hair like that in Santa Barbara.  Certainly over in Fresno, but not Santa Barbara.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

that CANNOT be correct ...... smoking is not allowed in Santa Barbara.  And no woman, self-respecting or otherwise, does her hair like that in Santa Barbara.  Certainly over in Fresno, but not Santa Barbara.

Sure was in seventy nine, especially for fifty somethings.

50 year olds didn't start looking and acting hot till the late 2000s...

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2017 at 2:58 AM, rey949 said:

When she tosses that cigarette out the window. It rolls under the 02 just as the camera pans over and there's a bumper sticker on the 02 that says "Baader-Meinhof Wagen"!!??
Then three shady looking characters with nylons over their faces for masks running with bags of money jump in the 02 make a getaway just as the cops start pursuing... not sure how that plays into the overall plot, but it's amazing nonetheless...

One of these?

8e8489dace963daf897b7380611d1deb.jpg

• Like 1

Correct, John.  Good eye.  I saw it, too.  I could not determine if good guys, bad guys, or neither were in the '02.  You?

The '02 can be seen briefly at 0:14 into the trailer in the link below.  It is following the red Benz in the photo below.  The woman in orange is the heroine.

http://www.sounds-familiar.info/2018/10/bbc-the-little-drummer-girl-trailer/

images.jpg.078e3d32b80c65620d0207b694be2f91.jpg

On 1/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, bmdubl02 said:

classic post and so true.

With that look there's no way she'd be up for a part in the whiney bitchy rich insecure Housewives of Orange County 

Edited by iinca

On 1/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, bmdubl02 said:

You bet! I turned 50 in 2010 and I always tell my wife I can't wait for tomorrow, because I get better looking every day.....

On 1/3/2017 at 12:08 AM, 2002 said:

Is this it?

20th Century Woman.jpg

I haven't seen this movie.  Is the car the women are sitting in  Type 3 VW? The seats, doors and grab handle looks familiar.

Just watched Bumblebee last night.

There is a 2002 square tail with a turbo spoiler and euro plates in the background as she moped’s out on Santa Cruz pier.  Not to mention the e30 that gets decimated.

Enjoyed the movie though, a nice “back to the basics” flick.