• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off-season GTG at Mecklenburg Gardens

Jim_75Sahara

Last January we got together at Mecklenburg Gardens Restaurant near the University of Cincinnati campus. This event will be repeated due to popular demand. In one form or another, MG has been around since Deutsch was the most common language in Zinzinnati.... If you'd like to talk BMWs, dine on German food and have a beer or three, you should join us on January 7th, 2017 at 6:30 PM. The address is:  302 E. University Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219. We had great luck last year, the weather was unseasonably warm that evening.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

REMINDER:  This event is coming up in less than a month. Let me know if you will be attending, so I can make our reservation.  I'll post a reminder on the RGB Facebook page also.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

I will make a reservation for 12 - 15 people. Looking forward to seeing everyone! - - - - - - The reservation is under the Rivertown Gearbusters name, NOT Rivertown Beer Bastards... Ha!  (6:30PM)  I made a reservation for 16 people.... we shall see how many show up, but that's a good guess right now....

10441028_10152955904491804_6704302602525922719_n.jpg

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

See the post on Facebook. I am polling folks to see where we should hold next January's off-season dinner gtg. I have always liked MG, but this year we ran into a few issues. There were too many beers AWOL from the beer list, the menu had been changed. Quite a few menu items weren't available for some reason. The food was delivered to the table in a rush and not even hot. For a Saturday night, the place was not very busy. (Sinking ship?) We like having he Highland Coffee House catty-corner to the place, but an alternate location is being considered... I welcome your ideas.

Hey, Larry Gray, I didn't see you there. What happened?

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

So far, I am leaning toward either The Amber Rose restaurant in Dayton or Moerlein Lager House in Cincinnati. I would also like to check out Kreimer's Bier Haus on the western side of Cincinnati.  KBH is the only one that I've never been to yet. I should be able to check out KBH tomorrow (Friday, 1-27). I talked to Erin, the banquet manager of the restaurant on the phone already.

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, et. al.,

Sorry I could not make it, after promising I would be there.  Missed you guys.  I was roped into teaching a 3-day non-car-related workshop which had to take priority.  Thanks for missing me!  

Good to see you at The Museum, Jim.

Larry

PS:  Got it back!

IMG_3969.jpgIMG_3979.jpgIMG_3983.jpg

Kreimer's Bier Haus  will be the site of our next Off-Season Dinner/GTG. There is a private banquet room on the lower level that I have reserved for 1-13-18. Just off of that room is a patio with a fire pit. The banquet room is large and includes a fire place and a big screen TV. I had lunch at KBH last Friday. I was impressed with their energy level and the food was good. It would also be fun to gather there during warmer weather since they have a lot of space outside with at least two outdoor bars and various spots with tables and chairs from which to watch the river pass by... 

post-9209-0-86124200-1385786205_thumb.jpg

It is located in Cleves which is on the west side of Cincinnati. KBH is along route 128 just off of I-74.

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors