• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maserati Bi-Turbo Wheels 14x6.5" ET6 *Made In Italy*

girls123andcars

I have a very nice set of of genuine Maserati "Bi-Turbo" 14" wheels. They are the perfect size wheels for a "2002". The 3rd wheel has 1 very minor nick and the 4th wheel has 3 small nicks. They have a 2-tone gray/silver finish. All wheels are straight and true with no bends.  The genuine Maserati wheel caps are still installed, but covered by metal BMW stickers. They look similar to the "Bottle Top" and BMW Dealer option wheels made in Italy. I am open to offers, but you will have to pay actual shipping cost. No tires are included, and will be removed before shipment.

DSC06295.JPG

DSC06296.JPG

DSC06297.JPG

DSC06298.JPG

DSC06299.JPG

DSC06300.JPG

DSC06301.JPG

DSC06302.JPG

These are not 4x100 PCD rims unless they have already been re-drilled to such dimensions.  They're likely 4x98.  Yes, they will fit over an '02's wheel studs and I have never personally read a report about a death directly caused by forcing a 4x98 rim onto 4x100 studs, but any one purchasing them should be aware that such usage is contrary to the manufacturer's usage instructions.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

These are not 4x100 PCD rims unless they have already been re-drilled to such dimensions.  They're likely 4x98.  Yes, they will fit over an '02's wheel studs and I have never personally read a report about a death directly caused by forcing a 4x98 rim onto 4x100 studs, but any one purchasing them should be aware that such usage is contrary to the manufacturer's usage instructions.

Regards,

Steve

wow you sound like trey gowdy federal prosecution attorney 

16 hours ago, Conserv said:

Regards,

Steve

This is true, I saw a pair on vwvortex a couple of weeks ago. To use them you would need to purchase some "wobble nuts."

http://www.serpentautosport.com/varinuts_edited-1.jpg

I think they could look pretty nice though :)

91HtL.jpg

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

30 minutes ago, MildSeven said:

This is true, I saw a pair on vwvortex a couple of weeks ago. To use them you would need to purchase some "wobble nuts."

http://www.serpentautosport.com/varinuts_edited-1.jpg

I think they could look pretty nice though :)

91HtL.jpg

True, but...."wobble nuts" and "wobble bolts" (formally known as PCD variation nuts and bolts) are not approved by any reputable rim manufacturers, if by any rim manufacturers at all, and thus are virtually as controversial as using stock lug nuts or lug bolts.  Even the common name, wobble nuts, is less than confidence inspiring.  And ask the German TUV if it's okay to use wobble nuts to "correct" your wrong-PCD rims!

A reputable full-service rim repair shop can re-drill the rims, to the correct 4x100, for $50 or less each.  So, yes, I know a lot of wobble nuts and bolts get sold, to car owners who place a lower value on safety.  But as mom used to say, "If your friends jump off a cliff, are you going to jump off the cliff, too?"  (Maybe that wasn't my mom, but it was SOMEONE'S mom.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

22 minutes ago, Conserv said:

True, but...."wobble nuts" and "wobble bolts" (formally known as PCD variation nuts and bolts) are not approved by any reputable rim manufacturers, if by any rim manufacturers at all, and thus are virtually as controversial as using stock lug nuts or lug bolts.  Even the common name, wobble nuts, is less than confidence inspiring.  And ask the German TUV if it's okay to use wobble nuts to "correct" your wrong-PCD rims!

I'm just saying, that's what peeps do ("everybody's doin' it, man"). I don't know enough on the subject nor would I want to run them or even re-drill wheels.

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

3 hours ago, MildSeven said:

I'm just saying, that's what peeps do ("everybody's doin' it, man"). I don't know enough on the subject nor would I want to run them or even re-drill wheels.

Yep, and I seem to see, read, or hear about wobble nuts a lot in the VW and Fiat crowds, where 4x98 and 4x100 rims appear to swap back and forth a lot!

I also believe that many users of wrong-PCD rims don't even realize they're using wrong-PCD rims!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv