• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shop manuals.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For those that have seen both versions-

Are there any differences between the two volume and one volume manuals for our 2002? Did they just put more pages in the single binder or is there really more to the two binder set...??? I have the single binder one and see the double volume one every once in a while. Just curious.

Thanks

Kevin

Guest Anonymous

volume II - tab numbers are not consecutive.

Vol. I has 00, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18 & 21 (one tab), 23, 24, 25, & 26

Vol II has 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 41, 51, 52 & 54 (one tab), 61, 62 & 63 (one tab), 64, 65, 71, 72, & 99

I can ID what's covered under each tab if needed

Guest Anonymous

I'll go out in the morning and see what mine has. I've often wondered what the differences were, might be and so on. Funny that they would put out two different versions on the 'same' manual. I remember I bought mine from the dealer just before they were discontinued back in the early 80's. Too bad....

I know Mercedes also has discontinued their paper manuals. They are on CD as well, but the quality of them is not what the paper one is. I'm glad I have the 'five volumes' for my W126.....

:-)

Thanks again-

Kevin

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

through numbers 71/72. 11 is engine, 12 is engine electrical, etc. 31 = front axle. does this sound like yours Barry?Mone ends with ch 71 : fitting triler hitch to electric system- very important!

Guest Anonymous

602 1802 2002", part # 01 51 9 699 551 - there is no publication or copyright date that I can locate;; volume I and II split between tabs 26 and 31. This specific two volume set was purchased new at the dealer in the mid 70's by a long time friend for servicing a round light that he owned.

BTW, the manual transmission section (tab 23) covers both Porsche and Borg-Warner synchro's AND close-ratio 5 speeds, including a section on adapting the 5 speed into a 4 speed car.

Tabs:

00 - Maintenance and general hints

11 - Engine

12 - Engine-electrical

13 - Fuel supply and adjustments

16 - Fuel tank and lines

17 - Radiator

18 - Exhaust / 21 - Clutch

23 - Transmission-manual

24 - Transmission-automatic

25 - Gear shift mechanism

26 - Driveshaft

31 - Front axle

32 - Steering and wheel alignment

33 - Rear axle

34 - Brakes

35 - Pedal assembly

36 - Wheels and tires

37 - Integrated suspension systems

41 - Wheels and tires

51 - Body-interior equipment

52 - Seats / 54 - Sliding roof

61 - Chassis electrical

62 - Instruments / 63 - Lights

64 - Heating and air conditioning system

65 - Radio and accessories

71 - Equipment parts and accessories for engine and chassis

72 - Equipment parts and accessories for body

73 - Paintwork

Guest Anonymous

French and Italian, although the manual is only in English and spelling and usage are "American english", not British.

Guest Anonymous

The index layout is basically the same as far as the names/numbers of the sections.

The 02 set has the first book with sections up to & including 26, and the second book has 31 thru the end.

The NK book has all the mechanical sections in one book, and the body stuff (sections 41 and above) must have come in a second book, which I never got.

The introduction page of both cars manuals has a statement at the bottom:

"Published by Bayerische blah blah blah.. All rights reserved. Reprints only allowed with the written consent of the publisher."

There are "alteration" sheets inserted into the manual, each having a date on the bottom. These were used to update the manual to reflect product/service changes or make corrections.

With the factory manuals you have, what sections are empty ?

Paper books are great -- I use CD info all the time, but the paper has a real value to me.

Guest Anonymous

So I guess the two volume set is just a two volume set of what I have under one.

Seems that they are equivalent.

Kevin