Ensign

WTB or Trade for 2-piece Dashboard

31 posts / 2673 viewsLast Reply

I'm looking for a 2-piece dashboard, in relatively good condition, for my 1972 tii (01/28/72 production date). I am assuming the car left the factory with a 2-piece dashboard, but I don't know that for sure. I currently have a 1-piece from a '74, so the buttons are not labelled correctly for my car.

A dashboard from a non-tii will work.

I prefer a dashboard that has not had any work done to it (i.e. crack repair and/or vinyl paint)

Thanks for your consideration.

Tony

TO TRADE: I HAVE A '74 INJECTION PUMP WITH WUR (CONDITION UNKNOWN) AND/OR 4 - INJECTORS THAT WERE CLEANED/TESTED BY PACIFIC FUEL INJECTION.

Kfisch_74_1.thumb.JPG.761b361a0bb6f0de9817724d43a1dddc.JPGKfisch_74_2.thumb.JPG.943fe5efbcb28e218c9a385b4fcd7c1e.JPG5a8197827de1c_Injectors-PFI.thumb.JPG.393231090112b1ebb1c4d573d87f1471.JPG

Edited by Ensign
added trade items, added photos

Tony,

Your car left the factory with a two-piece dashboard.  One detail:  very late in the 1972 model year (or maybe it was with the beginning of the 1973 model year), the heater/defroster fan pull-switch moved from the lower left corner of the instrument binnacle to the heater/defroster slide controls, and the lower left corner switch then became a switch for the rear defroster.  So....some of the later two-piece dashboards might still have switch labels that don't conform to your car.

The lettering, however, can be re-done.  Forum member mo02 might be able to solve your problem if you wind up with one of the later two-piece dashboards:

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

I have a two piece dash, but I am not sure what model/year it is from. It is one of the ones that has the cluster surround as a totally separate piece (which I don't have). Its actually in really nice shape too, i was going to use it in my tii but couldn't without the cluster surround piece. LMK

Edited by zcenterb

19 hours ago, zcenterb said:

...It is one of the ones that has the cluster surround as a totally separate piece (which I don't have)...

Which is why the style with a separate instrument binnacle is known as a three-piece dashboard.  I'm not certain of the changeover VIN or date, but it's certainly no later than April 1971, and I suspect it was perhaps early in the 1970 model year.  Mike S. will know for certain.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1 hour ago, zcenterb said:

I have a two piece dash, but I am not sure what model/year it is from. It is one of the ones that has the cluster surround as a totally separate piece (which I don't have). Its actually in really nice shape too, i was going to use it in my tii but could without the clutter surround piece. LMK

Thanks for responding.

It sounds like you are describing a 3 - piece dash.

Here is a photo of a 2 - piece:

2-piece dash.jpg

Is this different than yours?

Thanks again for the response.

Tony