• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jrkoupe

On 8/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, fastricky said:

The tii currently on BAT features some very rare and tré cool seats LINK

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.13.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.13.28 PM.png

This is the classic "S" seat, admired by nearly everyone and bid up to insane prices -- probably by you rich 911 guys. I've seen redone sets with asking prices of $8K to $12K, which probably means there are even higher asks.

This model was also the factory-option Recaro for '02's. This particular set was re-done by forum member Lars (@larsalpina), proprietor of Lars Alpina, and certainly one of the most knowledgeable and respected '02 guys out there.

Below are a page from a BMW dealer accessories brochure, showing the factory Recaro and Scheel options, and a factory installation in a Euro-spec touring (part of the Sport Paket).

Best regards,

Steve

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

20 hours ago, markmac said:

My most recent acquisition, ASS/Scheel 303 race bucket, excellent condition, no tears or rips, a little saggy here and there, perfect patina for my car.  Very fortunate for the German seller to sell this to me at a great price.  Tricky business these days with Covid shipping large items, again lucky.

IMG_20200810_163644.jpg

IMG_20200810_151814.jpg

That is one Sexy ASS seat, Mark !!

Edited by Lorin

1 hour ago, Lorin said:

That is one Sexy ASS seat, Mark !!

Tx, its in remarkable condition given the age.  Pretty narrow, my 6'4 250lb frame (including ASS) just barely fit, need to start cutting the carbs!  I was a lucky ducky on this one?

4 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Love these, but my goodness I cannot fit in one!

Thank you!

Good bucket seats get a 10 for looks, and a 10 for "sporty vibe"! But between the narrowness, the lack of seatback rake adjustment, climbing over the bolsters, and my old bones, definitely not a daily driver seat for me!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Nice.  Looks like a 302N (nomex), and in pretty good condition it appears.....orange just shows the grime whereas black doesn't so much.  302's are VERY narrow, you have to be a smaller person than I to fit in one (I have one in blue nomex), I didn't fit.  Sadly the nomex and foam was total junk, of course that tends to happen after 50 years.  Belts are cool, I like those, but then only good for display (and maybe driving around town).  They were using Autoflug harness/belts on mine, which came with the car remarkabley (display only at this point....).

Had these a couple years now. Seeing the Scheel in the BMW dealer accessories brochure from Steve makes me think I really need to install these. 

80564E25-D05E-4F2A-9E15-68F9B5409BF2.jpeg

Ed Z

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1 hour ago, zinz said:

Had these a couple years now. Seeing the Scheel in the BMW dealer accessories brochure from Steve makes me think I really need to install these. 

80564E25-D05E-4F2A-9E15-68F9B5409BF2.jpeg

Ed Z

Would you like me to store those for you, Ed? ?

I’ve got just the spot! It’s called “my car”! ?

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1