HENRYNBMW

tii tool #6075 for Idle adjustment needed

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Anyone want to sell or lend, or substitute a suitable replacement for Idle adjustment tool # 6075 (adjustment hook).

henryn2304@gmail.com

thanks

If this locks the KF pump lever, you can just cut up a thick wire coat hanger (or welding rod).

I took a 1/4(??) 6" bolt, cut the head off, stuffed the threaded end into a drill and ran against a file until it measured 4mm (or is that one 5mm), put 1 inch into a vice, bent 90 deg (some help with a hammer was required)  The imperial bolt didn't need that much material to be removed.   Please check sizes, I forget right now.

Put a coupling nut on it, and another long bolt for ease of use.

ended up being about 8" long and just under an inch of 'L'

you could probably do the same with a proper sized metric bolt a couple of nuts and some flat iron.

Lots of ways to home build this one. Here's mine:

1. Find a 4mm drill bit, cut the drill point end off so the remaining rod is about 1 1/2" (38mm) long.

2. Wrap a 12"-ish (30cm) length of stiff wire (heavy coat hanger) around the "drill" part, near the end.

3. Fasten the two parts together with epoxy (JB Weld is my favorite), let dry. You can bake the bonded parts in your kitchen oven at lowest setting (175°F or 80°C) for one hour to accelarate the epoxy cure. 

You're done.

For the throttle body cam setting alignment pin, use a 3mm (double check the size, I'm going from memory) drill bit.

I bought a 6' length of 5mm aluminum rod for 5 bucks.  Cut into 6 pieces.  Bent into a tall "L"  and gave 5 to my tii friends.

TIP:  Tuna can 4mm tool - brake pad retaining pin.

10 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

TIP:  Tuna can 4mm tool - brake pad retaining pin.

good Idea!.. 

I've got a cheap set of number/letter drill bits, and one is crazy close to 4mm

Where did you get the 5mm rod?   (please say Canadian Tire :)  )