rapandi

Getrag 245 - for parts

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi All

There is a chap here who is selling a getrag 245. He is a wrecking yard guy. He said that he only wants like $200 for this box mainly because it dropped of a pallette placed 2 inches off ground. As a result it chipped the bell housing. He says there is nothing wrong with the internals but that's unverifiable according to me. 

Queation- how similar are the internal organs of this 245 to my 245 Dogleg CR? Mine is a Close Ratio and his is not. 

I am thinking if the parts are interchangeable then I can buy it with the intention of using it for parts. 

Would anyone know?

Regards

Raj

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The syncronizer rings are the same, the input and output shaft seals are the same, the bell housing (large part of the case) is interchangeable but not exactly the same.  I believe the sliders are the same but I would have to check on that. None of the gears or shafts are the same, the shift rods are different. The output flanges are the same ( either 4 bolt or 3 bolt) . In other words there is nothing here that would help you at all if you hurt your CR 245.

34 minutes ago, Preyupy said:

The syncronizer rings are the same, the input and output shaft seals are the same, the bell housing (large part of the case) is interchangeable but not exactly the same.  I believe the sliders are the same but I would have to check on that. None of the gears or shafts are the same, the shift rods are different. The output flanges are the same ( either 4 bolt or 3 bolt) . In other words there is nothing here that would help you at all if you hurt your CR 245.

Thank you for that! It is all I wanted to know. 

I would repair that chunk out of the bell housing with some JB Weld type epoxy and call it fixed. Drill a few small holes to help key the JB Weld to the case and the file the surface level with the mating face. 

Hell, I'd just run it.

After I made sure it shifted...

t