• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALPINA Gauge Cluster

bluebmw

Up for sale is my replica, euro-spec ALPINA silver dollar cluster.

I carefully built this to full ALPINA spec with the correct black silver dollars, black trim rings, ALPINA-style tach, and adjustable redline needle!

If ALPINA built your 2002 in the early 70s, this is what your cluster would look like. The 200kph speedometer makes this cluster a euro-spec unit, as opposed to the more common 120mph speedo.

Everything has been tested and is in working order except the odometer. The uber-rare euro-spec 200kph speedo functions properly, and the adjustable redline needle is quite the conversation piece!

Bid here on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252501746614?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Alpina Cluster-1.jpgAlpina Cluster-3.jpg

Original photo:

2002 alpina tach original.jpeg

Edited by bluebmw

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

37 minutes ago, 2002Scoob said:

Nice looking cluster, but What's the deal with the Odometer?

I'd actually be quite interested in this unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

When I tested it, the odometer went up to "001" then stopped, as if it was slipping. This seems to be a common problem, and DIY fixes have been documented on the FAQ. I didn't mess with it because I've never repaired an odometer, and this rare unit was not the one to learn on!

Wow, that's a tasty bit of kit bluebmw!   

Every day, growing weaker on my "this time, I'll keep it stock and original" ethos.  

Really trying to keep it original.  Again.

"Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

13 hours ago, birdhouse said:

Wow, that's a tasty bit of kit bluebmw!   

Every day, growing weaker on my "this time, I'll keep it stock and original" ethos.  

that is something that can be swapped out pretty fast but what about the minivan?

I normally charge $125. You should also ask what Palo Alto Speedometer or North Hollywood if you are in CA. Another option, I will be at SoCal Vintage with my tools. Bring whatever you want fixed to that event. The cost will be discounted but can't tell you what until I get there. We will have a booth next to Jeff Ireland right in the middle.

Jeff

On August 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM, ws9848 said:

that is something that can be swapped out pretty fast but what about the minivan?

Ha!  I wonder how many 'yeah, ok, I'll only do it if i can swap it back to stock in an afternoon' projects can be compiled together before one loses the trail completely...

Really trying to keep it original.  Again.

"Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

1 hour ago, birdhouse said:

Ha!  I wonder how many 'yeah, ok, I'll only do it if i can swap it back to stock in an afternoon' projects can be compiled together before one loses the trail completely...

don't be such a slacker!

The auction ends tonight at 7PM (PST/West Coast time) so don't miss it folks!

The current bid is less than half of what the poorly-done fakes were bringing recently on eBay ($600!). This one is very well done and has all the cool details that will set you apart from the crowd. Take a look here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252501746614?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649