dang

Sacramento to Monterey Thursday. Anyone else?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'll be leaving the Sacramento area Thursday morning the 18th.  Just wondering if anyone else is heading that way and want to caravan?  We'll be in a '69 2800cs, '97 M3 and a chase vehicle.  ;)

I will coming thru Sacramento Thursday morning from Reno. I am going to stop in Santa Cruz for an evening and go the track Friday morning. I hear traffic is heavy so I want to leave early - probably thru Sacramento 9:30 -10:00. What time are you going? 

We were going to leave Rocklin around 9:00 or so and will be staying in Aptos so we are also going through Santa Cruz.  Might work out...

Just a reminder on this...Traffic out of Los Gatos going over 17 is especially horrible right now in the late afternoon / early evening. I was just up there last week, and there was some sort of road construction in Los Gatos on 17 that was making any already god awful situation into a total nightmare.  Its was so bad that people were getting off the freeway, and using surface streets to try and bypass the road construction, to the point were Los Gatos PD was closing a couple of those surface roads to through traffic as the locals were getting pissed! I dont know if it will be like this next week....but it ALWAYS sucks after 2:30pm on a weekday as it is...so just plan on going through there before that.

Edited by arminyack

4 minutes ago, arminyack said:

...but it ALWAYS sucks after 2:30pm on a weekday as it is...so just plan on going through there before that.

Thanks for the warning.  I grew up in San Jose and lived in Santa Cruz for several years so I'm very familiar with 17.  Traffic wasn't very good back then and sure its WAY worse now.  Hopefully by leaving at 9:00 or so will put us through there before noon...

1 hour ago, dang said:

We were going to leave Rocklin around 9:00 or so and will be staying in Aptos so we are also going through Santa Cruz.  Might work out...

PM'd

Here's our route and right now we have 6 BMW's in the group.  We'll meet at Ikea at 9:30am Thursday and head over to the coast at Half Moon Bay, then down the coast to Santa Cruz/Aptos.  If anyone would like to join in let me know...

2 CS coupes

2 2002's

1 E36 M3

1 E46 Conv

Chase car

aptos route.jpg