kbmb02

Tii Pump Rebuild (step 1 of x,xxx)

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Commencing the thorough rebuild process of '73 matching numbers Tii #2762818, I started with the heart. Rebuilt by Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection (plus a couple of tested-good sets of injectors). For those who haven't met / worked with Gus, he's a pleasure to work with.

Else: Body metal work in progress, will then bring it back to its original color. (no time for a blog - photos, at some point...) -KB

tii-pump-rebuilt-1.jpg

No idea of what he charges these days ($975)  ?  Just a guess.  I know that he runs/tests every pump on the bench after he finishes.  I am lucky his shop is about 20 minutes from my house, I had him pressure test my fabricated injection lines for me on his test bench (attached to a kugel pump), some pics and a link to the write up i did on that.  There are still a few around that do the work (Redzus I believe?, Fairchild, H&R in NY, Ingram) and that is about it over here, I have heard good things about all of those shops.  I will say this, in the hour or so I was a Gus', loads of boxes with pumps, BmW, Porsche, Mercedes - business is good for him.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/2016/05/kugelfischer-fuel-injection-lines.html