Sign in to follow this  
E21partscar

38/38 weber recommended start jetting?; stroker m10

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey Gents as the title states looking for a place to start. Motor isn't even on the stand yet and I'm planning ahead on buying some jets. Just brews and thinking of fueling bench racing at this point. Working with using and keeping a 38/38 weber. I know some will say get DCOE's but already have the 38/38 so using it.

Motor will be custom build somewhere in neighborhood of 10 -11:1 compression. S14 short block bottom end with custom pistons for M10 head. Why? because we can I guess. Want it to "look" stock M10 for one thing. Probably autocross and hillclimb. I know some of you have done this motor combo stroker. Looking to fuel this little monster with our 38/38. Obviously it will be some trial and error, but looking for anyone who has jetting input. I've larger idle jet sets but pretty sure this is going to require different mains, and emulsion tubes. Any input appreciated. I'm listening and want to take notes.

Thanks

Thanks Jeff!! I wasn't expecting you personally to give input. Thank you Sir.

It's a ways off cause chassis first, but looking at piston options to make a short list for winter. We'll be using an S14 2.3 block (93.4mm factory bore, or if need oversize about a 93.7mm). Your piston sets are on the list since you are familiar with the combination and offer an easy button. Wiesco is another option being explored.

Best I could figure for jetting is search for hot 2.0 setups that use the 38/38 for generalizations.