halboyles

Free trip to France (and other typos)

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

If you needed a purist, OEM driven reason to travel to the Continent, look no further than your digital BMW Mobile Tradition DVD Workshop Manual (2007 version).  Visit the 31 33 101 section for instructions on replacing your front springs for an important and  pleasant recommendation on where you need to do the work.  I am sure this will prove an unassailable argument for your next trip across the pond when you discuss this with your SO.

There is one minor caveat.  The PDF index to 31 33101 insists that you be working on your "Oil Springs" so that may eliminate those of us who don't have the special (Oilpina?) "Oil Springs."

By the by, my original Blue Manual and microfiche from the '70s does not have this valuable information, so it might be worth the 100 bucks to get the BMW DVD for argument's sake.

Oil Springs.png

Replace them in Paris.png

Gak.  Renting garage space in Paris is almost as expensive as Seattle...

...but it's easier to get good bread and coffee, and bad service.

t

9 hours ago, TobyB said:

Gak.  Renting garage space in Paris is almost as expensive as Seattle...

...but it's easier to get good bread and coffee, and bad service.

I had always equated bad service with visiting France, but when we were in Paris last spring, Parisians came up to us and actually thanked us for visiting France, in light of the terrorist attacks there scaring tourists off.  Locals were quite friendly; we were surprised as it wasn't that way some years ago on our last visit...

mike

yeah, it's been decades, for me...  I hope the coffee is still as good as I remember...

t