• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are those headers? Please hurry

Shifty1426

Hi Guys,

please what are those headers? I have one offer, but before a i will buy them i would like to know what are they, and if are they worth it for my future project? I think that they are supersprint or alpina. I know that secondary pipes missing, but i could make them. Are they wort it for 163 bucks? 10 years unused and waiting in trunk. Thank you.

I would like to use them on my E30 with M10B18 engine. In future i hope with bike carbs, edis and megajolt, 292 cam, ported and polished head and MAYBE  ( if i have enough money :D) B20 stroker. Are those headers good for this setup, or it will be better to make some custom piece?

PS: Sorry for my english :D

PS1: Not my engine in Picture :D

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Edited by Shifty1426

E30 M10B18 ---- actually dead but i hope that someday fun week car :D

These are Supersprint / Alpina headers. And oh yes, the price is good. I have seen them as an aftermarket Supersprint part and also on one Alpina car + i have seen them on those pictures with Alpina car and many Alpina parts around the car. I was very lucky when scored two of these headers from two different sellers, both headers were fitted on E30 M10 cars and all this in one month. See if the seller has the bottom part of the headers where the 2 pipes goes into 1.

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

I think that he has only this two parts:/. Will i see some increase from stock m10 heavy headers?:D This will help me in sophia choise between FI and NA way:D. Is there some alpina m10 replica in e30?:D

Supersprint M10 headers are NOT Alpina! Take a closer look at some real Alpina header and you´ll see.

For E30 Alpina only made 6-cylinder cars - C1, C2 and B3 based on M20 plus B6 based on M30. How could there be replicas if there were no originals?

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Ok, but how can i them recognize? I was seen some picture were are numbers on secondary pipes. He doesn't have them, so no numbers no logos or anything. I know that e30 alpina was original r6, but that was my question. Is there or anywhere someone that build m10 alpina (original or replica, doesn't matter) engine in e30? 

You can recognize an Alpina header from its pipe run.

But with the setup described above an Alpina header will not help you increasing power, because tube diameters are too big. An Alpina header was meant for use with race engines only in the 190hp plus output power range with the appropriate camshafts. On an only midly modded street engine you´ll need significantly smaller tube diameters to preserve a reasonable gas flow.

Not too long ago someone has posted a very interesting article here on the FAQ from some Roundel from the 80s if I remember right (Jim Gerock maybe or Steve Cappel?) in which Jere Stahl and Ray Korman contributed on header tube diameters for M10 engines. Try to find this. It still perfectly corresponds with what we can measure on dynometers over here today although sorrowly most of the people think "the bigger, the better".

Regards, Lars. 

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.