maharaja

1976 2002 Survivor

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

(edited)

1976 BMW 2002 Survivor
Offering a very original California Blue Plate ,1976 2002 in Chamonix/Navy. Purchased new in Monterey, CA and owned for over 38 years by a single owner. No accident history or structural rust. Towers and rockers look.very good. Manual transmission and Sun roof.

Original paint , carpet, glass and vinyl. Front seat bases and back rests recently restuffed with BMW OEM coco fiber pads. Carpet is faded but no tears or worn spots . Dash is crack free. Odometer shows over 35, 000 so most likely 135,000.

Body has some dings that could be finessed out with paintless dent removal and there is some worn paint. It would warrant selective touch up but not a paint job as it is part of the car's survivor character. Has all booklets, MSRP, jack, tool kit and tire iron..

Dead stock except for speakers and wheels. In addition to the 15" minilite type wheels it comes with a very clean set of 13" 320is basket weaves. and 14" E30 325is.

Transmission is tight, Current needs are a tune up and a guibo. Currently the car is in storage, so I have a melange of pictures. The photobucket link has many shots including undercarriage photos for interested parties.

The car is located in MA. $14,000

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Maharaja01945/library/1976 BMW 2002

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by maharaja

I have had over $5,000  of work done to the car. I remember driving my friends new 02 in 74 and this car brings back those memories. Light and accurate steering with the large diameter wheel ,compliant suspension, wide comfy seats, peppy acceleration.  So smooth it could be a daily driver. Checked the spare and it has the original unused XAS with a BMW stamped wheel weight. Also have a set of steelies with the beauty rings.