gliding_serpent2

Family trip in a 1973 Tii

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

As the Tii took a back set to another car project, it has been used, but maybe left a little bit neglected.  This year has been a good one however.  It took 1st place for best sports car at a local car show.  This weekend i decided to load in the family and take them into the city for the weekend.  This morning I took it for a bmw club am drive.  

It was a fun weekend.  I remember this car as a very young child (my dad was the original owner), and hopefully my kids

will have similar memories.  

It still holds its own on the highway, and in the bends.  Great weekend!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is pretty wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a stellar weekend.

It brings back memories of my two sons who are now 27 and 30. They grew up in the backseat of a wide array of 2002s, including my current Targa that I've now owned twice after a ten-year-long lonely spell.

Glad to see you're working on your third-generation 2002 fanatics. Nicely done.

Nice pics!  We'd go to jail down here in the states if we put a little one in the front seat, even with a carseat.

23 hours ago, lilmo said:

We'd go to jail down here in the states if we put a little one in the front seat, even with a carseat.

<edit> Cool trip with the younglings and momma.  One day for my little car.  Little jealous of your roads in NS.  Fun, curvy, etc.   

The biggest reason SGI (combination registration and insurance, all government run in Saskatchewan, just a bit west of gliding serpent) doesn't want kids in the front seats are the air bags.  Not really an issue for 2002's.

I phoned and asked, which is better for a kid in a booster seat:

1) kid in the front seat with shoulder belt (no air bag present)

or

2) kid in the back with only lap belt

answer:

in the front with a shoulder belt.

might be different if there were rear shoulder belts.

14 hours ago, gliding_serpent2 said:

But open carry is fine in many places.

Side arms are fine, kinder eggs, DANGER!!!!

Moms-Demand-Gun-Bans-Kinder-Egg.jpg

Ok, I'll get off my soap box.

Edited by xferboy

13 hours ago, xferboy said:

<edit> Cool trip with the younglings and momma.  One day for my little car.  Little jealous of your roads in NS.  Fun, curvy, etc.   

The biggest reason SGI (combination registration and insurance, all government run in Saskatchewan, just a bit west of gliding serpent) doesn't want kids in the front seats are the air bags.  Not really an issue for 2002's.

I phoned and asked, which is better for a kid in a booster seat:

1) kid in the front seat with shoulder belt (no air bag present)

or

2) kid in the back with only lap belt

answer:

in the front with a shoulder belt.

might be different if there were rear shoulder belts.

Side arms are fine, kinder eggs, DANGER!!!!

Moms-Demand-Gun-Bans-Kinder-Egg.jpg

Ok, I'll get off my soap box.

More children die in auto accidents than gun violence each year in the USA.  I suspect it's the same in Canada.  I tend to play the odds by not driving kids in anything without airbags/good tires/good brakes/side impact protection, not having firearms in my home, and carrying plenty of life insurance. 

That said, I rode unrestrained in the bed of my dad's pickup truck on many road trips while I was a child, was surrounded by guns of all kinds, and for some reason I survived.

Carry on!

Edited by lilmo

2 minutes ago, lilmo said:

More children die in auto accidents than gun violence each year in the USA.  I suspect it's the same in Canada.  I tend to play the odds by not driving kids in anything without airbags/good tires/good brake/side impact protection, not having firearms in my home, and carrying plenty of life insurance. 

That said, I rode unrestrained in the bed of my dad's pickup truck on many road trips while I was a child, was surrounded by guns of all kinds, and for some reason I survived.

Carry on!

Finger off the trigger!

This is a slippery slope, how did we get into politics. Lets end that right here and get back on track, shall we? 

1 minute ago, catlincustoms said:

Finger off the trigger!

This is a slippery slope, how did we get into politics. Lets end that right here and get back on track, shall we? 

No politics here.  Just health & life safety as related to automobiles.