5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello guys!

I am doing a m44 with m42 injection swap on my oh2. All is done (almost)! The only thing I have to do is wire all this thing and it seems a big job for me. I need to know everything and all the steps to wire this. I saw the swap notes from jake but it seems like Chinese to me. Also, Ive got the harness of the m42 PLUS the harness of the m44. On the m44 harness, I dont have the coil wires. I dont see any cut wires tho. Can someone help me ? I would really like to drive this beast before the end of summer :o

Thank you for your future answers !

10649432_10204450547402194_4658337646764402199_n.jpg

Not sure a m42 harness will work on an M44.  Isn't the crank sensor in a different position?  

Chris

I know but I mean is there a way to transfer my coil wires from the m42 harness to the m44 harness ? If yes, someone knows how to do it with detailed pictures because I dont want to spend 2000$ to get the job done ... I want to do it myself.

If you want to do it yourself, download the 93 318i and the 98 318is ETK's from the link John provided above.

Those will give you the wire colors and functions in the engine management sections. 

Then you get to figure out the mechanics- I don't think anyone here has done this.

The Bimmerforums E36 section is pretty active (or was a few years back)- they will be more help.

Other resources will be m42club.com and 318ti.org.

Good luck- BMW electronics are complicated, but they do give you the info you need to work it out....

t