• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found some seats, initial mock up

Huge2na

Well I didn't have the car long figured I'd start figuring out the interior. Been shopping seats and the e21 sport seats and e30's are climbing through the roof. I found this set that still retains some of the classic ribbed style found on the the e21's they are power seats but they are not too bulky. I just need to get them 1.5-2" lower to be perfect. I don't see a problem doing that.

The rear seats will need some minor fabbing to mount up.

I'll share later what the seats are from if you don't know already.

IMG_20160721_195302.jpg

IMG_20160721_195338.jpg

25 minutes ago, jrkoupe said:

good looking seats........truly

but in an 02....?...not really a good classic look.........but what do I know

Just working with what I can get my hands on. It originally had ugly Pepboy's honda ricer seats in it made by APC I removed them within 5 minutes of the car reaching the garage. These are leaps and bounds better. They are German too if that helps. Removed from a VW CC. I may remove and hide the power options from the side of the seat.

I was going to say Audi seats but they look different so VW makes sense. Yeah they look modern but it's your car and if you like them go for it!  I'm not a fan of most newer cars non Sport seat options. I have optioned my Audi with specific sports seats. I find the standard seats uncomfortable. The e21 Recaros seam much more comfortable to me than most modern seats. Bolt ins are also nice. Since the CC is a 4 door how does one get people in the back of the 02 since those don't fold forward?  Are you sliding the seat all the way forward and squeezing them in?  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

2 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

I'm liking the look! 

The horizontal banding to the leather matches with the stock interior just fine, if a bit on the more modern side. I'm a fan. 

That's what I was looking for, they really took a classic approach to the design of the seats minus the power instrumentation. Front and back seats were $200 picked up from a junkyard not too bad in my book. 

So what are the plans for the rear seats? Will they fit? I've always thought that the cc interior was one of the better ones out there. Never thought to put in into one of our cars. Interesting and creative. I'll keep an eye on your progress. Good luck!

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

I personally like the concept of modernizing an older car, things like power seats and other little creature comforts are cool even if they're not original.

As long as the add to the value (not necessarily money) to you, that's all that matters. You can always track down some stock ones down the line if you want to sell it.

And 200 bucks?! That's killer. My Recaros cost 4 times that. Win in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Teelinger said:

So what are the plans for the rear seats? Will they fit? I've always thought that the cc interior was one of the better ones out there. Never thought to put in into one of our cars. Interesting and creative. I'll keep an eye on your progress. Good luck!

I looked up the width before I bought them and was surprised for a four door they were about the same width, within 3/4". Also they came with some beauty panels that could be fashioned in a way to fill any gaps. Believe it or not there are gaps. The bottom seat is just foam with no support. So since the original seat had the frame built into the actual seat this new seat will need to have a support system installed. 

3 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

I personally like the concept of modernizing an older car, things like power seats and other little creature comforts are cool even if they're not original.

As long as the add to the value (not necessarily money) to you, that's all that matters. You can always track down some stock ones down the line if you want to sell it.

And 200 bucks?! That's killer. My Recaros cost 4 times that. Win in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The greatest thing about these seats is they actually mount flat. No bent tabs that mount onto a molded floorpan They actually lay right on top of the factory mounting rails. The rails will have to be lowered and the seats will fit perfect. 

20 hours ago, jrhone said:

Since the CC is a 4 door how does one get people in the back of the 02 since those don't fold forward?  Are you sliding the seat all the way forward and squeezing them in?  

I don't plan on taking anyone in the rear seat but I have been in modern cars and I know the seats nowadays power forward very far. They are also memory seats so maybe I could program them to move up? Just thinking out loud?

I dig it! Good option considering the original upgrades are getting hard to find. I like that they have the same lines as the e21 recaros.

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002