Wahnsinn

Tongue and groove trunk liner

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Too much time on my hands one day lead me to cover my trunk floor with wood (actually laminate).  I just needed a project, and this took me a few hours, it was fun, and the look is different.  The two panels are as removable as the stock panels, and are just laying in there, so I can go back at any time, and now I have a cardboard template of the trunk  if I want to do anything else, i.e. carpet, expanded metal, etc. 

Home Depot tongue and groove flooring worked out well.

20160713_155753.jpg

Interesting way to cover the elephant hide. You better put a carpet on it to prevent shoe stains. Thanks for sharing.

Bonus points if you put a key in the middle and a backboard against the front wall of the trunk...

heh

t

i think ill just use vinyl flooring to match the 74 styling with the plastic wood dash

Luckily the later models have that extra protection behind the wheel wells, to help with side to side sliding.

My car is not fast enough to generate much front to back momentum.:(

Still, I put a foamy camping mat on the floor, to keep things from sliding around as much.

It also protects the elephant skin vinyl.

Dents from the inside out look SO wrong.  Unfortunately I put a couple pimples on my trunk lid, while attempting to close it on something too tall.  I will never make that mistake again.

All you're missing now is the ball and pins 

585854049_zpscvbmdgsc.jpg

Edited by Fatherof3