Sign in to follow this  
jimk

ClutchNet Kevlar lined clutch disc

1 post in this topic Last Reply

This disc came with a parts lot when I bought my S14 package of engine, Getrag 265tran and clutch.  This is listed on the purchase receipt of records as Carbon-Kevlar Spring Disc and is similar to the "Performance "KEVLAR-KEVLAR PRO" Sprung Hub" shown on the ClutchNet site. This disc was originally purchased in 2007 by the person that I bought the package from in 2012 and did a first start in April 2013.  That person bought it from a company called Speed Solutions International, Inc aka GrpForce (from some buyer reports on the internet, a not exactly up and up firm mail order firm.  The PO did an over the counter cash purchase and had not trouble.)  The invoice is Speed Solutions and I assume shows their part numbers.

This disc is for a 228 mm clutch.

I ran this clutch disc about 1000mi and wanted to use the stock disc.  There was no problem with it, I just preferred the stock unit and pulled the disc in Nov 2013. 

I do not know if ClutchNet now supplies the same lining or only what they show on their site.

Wear is hardly noticeable as seen on the photos of both the disc and the flywheel taken at the time it was removed.  The parts have not been cleaned.   ClutchNet is a reputable builder of clutches as was discussed on a thread in the general section of this board.

$35 shipped USPS Flate Rate Box to addressed in the US

2013 S14 Clutch Plate Replace 003.JPG

2013 S14 Clutch Plate Replace 005.JPG

2013 S14 Clutch Plate Replace 007.JPG

ClutchNet Disc KevlarCarbon 01.JPG

ClutchNet Disc KevlarCarbon 02.JPG

ClutchNet Disc KevlarCarbon 03.JPG

Edited by jimk
Forgot the size