• Announcements

• steve k.

Marking as SOLD   11/04/2016

In the "For Sale" post you will se a button "Mark as Sold"  Use that to indicate that the item is no longer available.
VCL

WTB E21 320is sport steering wheel

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Tim's wheel has had the leather removed.  So it's obviously not worth $300.  Reminds me of a time I was at a swap meet and two guys ran up to me, one with the same kind of steering wheel in the post above.  The guy with the steering wheel asked me to tell the other guy,"Sherman, tell him what this steering wheel is worth!".  I told him,"Well, let me see it.  It's not worth anything really." The guy's eyes sank and he asked,"What? Why not?".  I replied that the wheel was supposed to be leather covered but somebody had removed the leather probably because it had become worn, dirty, torn, faded, etc. etc..  I explained to him that the early E21 sport wheels were not leather covered but the late style wheels were.  Beware of sellers who lack knowledge of parts or worse yet, claim not to know, especially after they have your money.

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

Well Resra you are certainly entitled to do so especially when the wheel is shown on realoem for $287.93.  In fact, I have the same steering wheel that I removed from a 320i that I parted out due to severe rust that still has the leather intact, for half of Tim's offering price! Obviously it is worth it in your opinion.  To say it would not be, would be absolute nonsense correct?  Just contact me and I can get payment information to you.

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

Tim, it clearly states the Steering wheel is No Longer Available since 2008. And yes when it was last available in 2008 it was just the steering wheel for $287 and that didn't come with any horn button, the hub, sleeve etc. Those were all extras

01 Sports steering wheel D=380MM 1     32331120145 $287.93       ENDED, EBA 9780044, ABE 9780823
02 Horn button   1     32331120193 $26.00    
03 Trim panel   1     32331120194 $47.80    
04 SLIP RING   1     32331118835 $8.50  
Edited by resra

Ok fellow FAQ members, thanks for all the pricing information. 

Im not looking for a new wheel, but a very good to excellent condition one that is leather covered. Tim355, your wheel is not leather covered so sorry, I need to move on. 

Sherman, if you've got a steering wheel that fits my description, please send me a PM. 

Anybody else have have a steering wheel that fits my description?

Thanks!