Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Where can i find the positive feed to the reverse light switch? i cant find it anywhere

What year is your car?  Different years fed the reverse light positive from different fuses; if you're looking for the end of the wire down by the tranny, the factory used clips to hold it to the edge of the tranny tunnel housing.  If you dn't see it down there, it's either been broken off or a PO cut it off.  

If that's the case, if you know which fuse it originally came from, you can simply wire a new lead, as it'll come from a fuse that's live only when the ignition is on.

mike

Pull up the carpet on the driver's side at the leading edge of the front seat. The chassis wiring harness splits there for the two leads going to the reverse light switch.  The wires run thru a grommet into the tunnel, then travel forward a little secured by clips.  If your car has an overdrive 5 speed, those two leads require extending to reach the switch mounted on the top of the housing toward the bell housing.

22 hours ago, mike said:

What year is your car?  Different years fed the reverse light positive from different fuses; if you're looking for the end of the wire down by the tranny, the factory used clips to hold it to the edge of the tranny tunnel housing.  If you dn't see it down there, it's either been broken off or a PO cut it off.  

If that's the case, if you know which fuse it originally came from, you can simply wire a new lead, as it'll come from a fuse that's live only when the ignition is on.

mike

its a 69

On 7/10/2016 at 8:45 AM, jgerock said:

Pull up the carpet on the driver's side at the leading edge of the front seat. The chassis wiring harness splits there for the two leads going to the reverse light switch.  The wires run thru a grommet into the tunnel, then travel forward a little secured by clips.  If your car has an overdrive 5 speed, those two leads require extending to reach the switch mounted on the top of the housing toward the bell housing.

that's what I see on my '76