72_02

Parking near NY/ Long Island for winter?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I used to always have a garage.. then I stupidly moved to New York.

Trying to restore this thing and figure there's not much point if I let it sit under a cover to rust all winter!

Does anyone have/know a spot/garage/sister's cousin's dog's house that has a spot available for rent? I was thinking of just parking up for about 5 months and holding the insurance.

Can definitely compensate something around 100-ish per month. (Ideally). I don't need to visit the car so access during the time stored isn't a huge worry for me. As long as it's still there to pick it up!

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by 72_02

where on LI? I have an uncle with a back lot. He was letting me keep my 02 there. Outdoors only. He is in Glen cove.

On July 12, 2016 at 8:38 PM, ttrousdell said:

where on LI? I have an uncle with a back lot. He was letting me keep my 02 there. Outdoors only. He is in Glen cove.

That's not bad - under cover or full outdoor parking? I currently have it up near Huntington, outside under a cover. I work on it most weekends, it has a bunch of rust work needing doing though the little garage seemed to think it looked fairly dry. Anyway, just don't want it rusting more this winter!

If it's a covered car port I may be into that?! Still trying to sort a garage though. thanks for the message!

Edited by 72_02