Kansaiplus

WTB: Front door panel trims line

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

A few years back there were a couple of members here that made kits for those without the rubber for the chrome strip. Not sure if they still make them but you can pm them too check.

Others that do still have the rubber strip but the chrome is peeling off just use 3m chrome Mylar tape/adhesive over it and comes out great. 

1 hour ago, Fredric said:

A few years back there were a couple of members here that made kits for those without the rubber for the chrome strip. Not sure if they still make them but you can pm them too check.

Others that do still have the rubber strip but the chrome is peeling off just use 3m chrome Mylar tape/adhesive over it and comes out great. 

Thanks for the info, what do you mean by rubber strip? Mine door panels doesnt have any strip at all.

So the chrome strip your referring too for the door panel is made of some sort of vinyl or rubber strip that is wrapped in chrome Mylar. Original panels that have the strips, they starts to peel off on its own and expose the vinyl underneath that looks like gray or brown rubber or vinyl strip. See the link below and you will know what I mean.

6 hours ago, Fredric said:

So the chrome strip your referring too for the door panel is made of some sort of vinyl or rubber strip that is wrapped in chrome Mylar. Original panels that have the strips, they starts to peel off on its own and expose the vinyl underneath that looks like gray or brown rubber or vinyl strip. See the link below and you will know what I mean.

I get it now. I look around and it seem that you cant buy that rubber strip new without buying the new panel. 

5 hours ago, shermanmartinez said:

If you have a 74-76 model those door panels do not have the strips you are referring to nor the one near the top of the panel. 

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

Mine is 71.