joh99033

Help me identify yellow driving lights (not Fogs)

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I know this topic has been written about over the years but I just haven't been able to find a through explanation or list. I'm looking for and would like to mount round amber driving lights behind my grilles. To be clear I don't want fogs because of how they dissipate light. What I want to do if identify all available round driving lights that are yellow. Also ideally they shouldn't be too large to fit behind the grills. 

I'd love to build a list for all of us to enjoy and use as a reference. If you can, please provide the make and model descriptions. Photos are also a plus but not necessary. 

To get this list started and thanks to Schickentanz:

Make: Marchal 

Model: 812, and 712

Thanks all!

11 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

Any clear driving lamps you find can be made amber using the yellow protective film (available here from Andy - MoBrighta).

Or clear drivng lights with amber bulbs.  Marchal 642:

KaI6Kcpb-j4yBXnU73gUzCcXdNrb1O8xkHxkJEPx

Thanks all for your inputs. This is a great start. I managed to find a set of amber Cibie 40 for sale on Ebay. They looked to be in good shape. I'm hoping to run a set of 100W bulbs in them. Relays and electrical is already ready to go.

Here is the list as I understand it.

Make: Marchal 

Model: 812, and 712,

642 (with amber bulbs)

Make: Cibie

Model: 40, 5" dia.

Make: Hella

Model: 500, any others? (with Amber shields)

Thanks!

I mounted driving lights behind the grilles on my 74 back in the 70s, you will be disappointed with the light output.  There is a Cibie 45 6" or so driving light but Andrew, I think your pic is of fog lights.

Edited by HBChris

2 hours ago, HBChris said:

I mounted driving lights behind the grilles on my 74 back in the 70s, you will be disappointed with the light output.  There is a Cibie 45 6" or so driving light but Andrew, I think your pic is of fog lights.

Yes my Cibies are fogs.