8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi there,

I am looking for a used one or two of these including the bolt and washer. If so, would you be willing to sell? I am refurbishing a heater box and my 'pin' seems to be stretching (it must have been overtightened at some point...UUGGGHH). 

Thanks a ton!

Bill

64114674219.jpg

I believe they are NLA...

One of the local Austin 02ers was asking around for one, just last week.  He fabricated one himself; no report if it worked or not...

Ed 

Contact Pierce Manifolds (800-874-3728) and get the bot/nut for the cold start arm on a DCOE Weber carb if they are available separately

I used a Machine grade bolt, drilled a hole under the head, installed 2 washers. Holds great

You might be able to get away with using washers on either side of the hole that the cable passes through; it may take more than just two if the hole is wallered (Southern technical term) out.  That should allow the cable to be gripped tightly enough even if the hole has been elongated..

mike

I fab' this up using a threaded stud, a few nuts, red locktite, a file, and drilling a wee hole. Pretend the drill is the Bowden wire. May work.... Thoughts?

I think it's important that the assembly moves free in the control arm. imageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18f

Cheers,

Billimage.jpegimage.jpegimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimage.jpeg

Edited by billpatterson

3 hours ago, Preyupy said:

Contact Pierce Manifolds (800-874-3728) and get the bot/nut for the cold start arm on a DCOE Weber carb if they are available separately

The one I received from Pierce for the cold start arm was much smaller than the one pictured.  The hole was too small to fit the choke cable.  I tried drilling it out slightly and when I tried to tighten it, it snapped.  I ended up ordering another one and used a file to slim up the choke cable until it fit through the hole.  I would use a standard bolt and drill it for the heater valve application instead of going with the bolt from Pierce.

Mark92131

post-36158-0-92361600-1445965790_thumb.jpg