Announcements

laser1918

Sold CAR FOR SALE: 1976 BMW 2002 (tii)

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi,

I have a beautifully restored 1976 BMW 2002 for sale.  I am the third owner of this vehicle and I can happily say that I gave her a second life.  The car was originally purchased in North Carolina.  The body and interior was (and still is) rust-free and clean.  I did a full mechanical and electrical restoration in Maryland and then moved it up to Connecticut for added cosmetic additions.  Below is a full list of service done over a two-year period.  I've been enjoying the car as is for the last two years.  

- Custom painted in Verona Red with a Black roof.

- Custom Black and Red Vinyl interior with custom BMW Black and Red leather wrapped steering wheel.

- NO RUST (wheel wells, shock towers and spare wheel all clean).

- Clean dash (no dash cracks) and new center console with BMW shift knob.

- New "period correct" stereo with speakers installed in both doors (CD player does not work).

- New antennae.

- Brand new levers, switches and instrument cluster (mileage unknown, would guess around 150,000 miles).

- Original 4-speed manual transmission.

- E30 (1st-gen 3-sereis) engine installed (I believe it's an M10 engine).

- Carburator removed, FUEL-INJECTION system added with an ELECTRIC IGNITION.

- Installed LED lights in the instrument cluster and under the dash (floor lights up when the doors are open).

- New front windshield and added tint to the side windows.

- New rubber door moldings and chrome inserts.

- E30 bottle cap wheels.

- Replaced the axle and brand new steering tie rods.

- Brand new suspension: SACHS and BILSTEIN shocks.

- Installed brand new electrical in the car and added fog lamps.

- New fuel level gauge within the fuel tank.

- Realigned the doors and adjusted all locks.

- Brand new alternator and belts.

- Installed seat belts (shoulder belts).

- New BMW emblems on the vehicle.

It's a really fun car that has taken on a new life and a new personality.  If you're looking for a fun, modern restoration on a classic, this is your car.  The vehicle is located in Fairfield County, CT.  Local pick-up only.  Please feel free to contact me via email erhardt.id@gmail.com with any questions or to set up a test drive.

Asking $15,000 / OBO

*** I will add more detailed photos soon ***

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 10.43.20 AM.png

Edited by laser1918

My first thought was a bad April's Fool joke. But it's late June. Then I was thinking, what a great troll! I mean, an ELECTRIC STARTER in a 76!!!!! Holy hell...how the god's have shined on BMW!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Adamha

54 minutes ago, Adamha said:

My first thought was a bad April's Fool joke. But it's late June. Then I was thinking, what a great troll! I mean, an ELECTRIC STARTER in a 76!!!!! Holy hell...how the god's have shined on BMW!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the seller means a push button starter? I feel bad for the poor E21s that lost their place in the 3 series lineup.