stephers

German Car Day, North Vancouver BC

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi

There is the annual German Car day in North Vancouver this coming Sunday Held in the same spot, at the waterfront park near the seabus terminal. Starts about 9:30 and goes to about 3 suppose to be nice weather on Sunday so let's see all the BMW's that can make it out. Look forward to seeing everyone out there

Thanks

Rick Stephenson

I'll be there, Rick.

You know...I've driven to TWO Seattle events: Burgers and BMWs, and the BMW centennial event. 

On the freeway at 6am with very few other vehicles, arriving about 8:30-9:00am.  Drive home around 3pm.  Heaps of fun.

Now I think it's time for some PNW Washington guys to drive up to our event.

I5 north for 2 hours.  Drive through Vancouver, over Lion's Gate bridge to Waterfront Park.

It would be awesome to see some American 02s there.

I wish I could. Unfortunately I have to drink wine on Sunday. My nexus card needs a workout, too. 

Chuckanut drive from Marysville to Bellingham would be a nice drive, if a little slower. Not a fan of being in the little car with all the trucks on I5. 

Will be there representing the Sunshine Coast (BC, Canada not Australia :lol:). A shout out to the owners of 2002 projects I've run across in the last few months - hope to see you out. Typically a great turnout.

6 hours ago, bento said:

Not a fan of being in the little car with all the trucks on I5. 

There's trucks on I5?

I like the fast lane.  B)

Rick, I'd love to join you next year. My wife and I just put an offer in on a house on Orcas Island, and it was accepted. I'm pretty thrilled about the potential of living in such a magical place.

We should be moved in around August 1st.

While we were visiting this past week, I saw a couple of 02's. What appeared to be a 74 Malaga on Orcas Island as well as a beautiful Colorado tii Roundie on San Juan Island. Hard to tell if they were visitors are locals.

Anyway, hope to see you next year.

24 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

There's trucks on I5?

I like the fast lane.  B)

Is that the right lane or the left lane? Most Washington drivers don't seem to know. The rest don't seem to care.

Are there other events coming up that I can plan in advance to attend in order to accept your challenge? Not willing to sleep on the couch after skipping out on a wine release party I reluctantly agreed to RSVP for a couple months ago. As a consolation, I will probably be able to spend the afternoon laying down dynamat on the floors so the carpet can finally go back in.

5 minutes ago, bento said:

Are there other events coming up that I can plan in advance to attend in order to accept your challenge? 

As a matter of fact there is the Historic Race Weekend at Mission Raceways on August 20th weekend.  It's not really an 02 event, but it could be. There's a large collector car coral and a few 02 race cars competing.  Tailgate in the coral and wander around the paddock.  Ha!  Sounds like a rodeo.

Otherwise we have one more BMW show in North Vancouver.  Someone will have to pass on the dates. 

Hi Guys,

Great to hear some 2002 owners are coming.  Trying to get as many 2002's and coupes out to the show as possible.  The next big BMW show will be in Aug 21 for the BMW car club of BC Concours and show event same place    from 10-3   Will be there as well. Look forward to seeing everyone there.  So it could be a real BMW weekend, Vintage racing on sat, show on Sunday    Just think, all you American owners can save on the currency exchange as well.

Thanks, Rick

Another car expected at the event tomorrow. 

Absolutely beautiful Polaris tii.  I look forward to meeting Ian (the owner) tomorrow.  

IansCar2.jpg